General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User darquorze
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-12 19:24:51
Print Post

Shocking customer service from orange, how to complain???

[link to this post]

I have been live on orange home broadband since 24th of August and since having problems with losing download speeds in the eveinigs i have been trying to resolve the issue with the customer service. Rather than repeat the story, here is a copy of the email i have been trying, and failing to get through to Orange as i have found it impossible to get anywhere over the phone, the email explains in all its gory details,

I wish to make a complaint regarding the appalling customer service i have received since signing up for orange home broadband.
I signed up for this service and was told that the service would go live on the 24th August. As promised this went accordingly, on this date my service switched from Talk 'Talk to orange home broadband. Initially i found the service fine with some slow down in the evenings while surfing but especially affecting my download speeds and any streaming which would be virtually unwatchable, but as described when signing ip for this sertvice this was to be expected while the line stabilised.

Eight days into my contract there was no noticeable improvement so i called the customer helpline to check on the reasons for this. Sure enough i was told this was down to the line being tested, that it was normal for this to happen and after ten days everything will be fine. I was told to call back then if there was still a problem.

On the tenth day there was still no improvement, still having download aspeeds grind to a halt after 6pm and still unable to stream anything online as well as slow surfing speeds despite numerous speed test which were telling me i had good speed.

I called the helpline again on Wednesday the 5th and spoke to an adviser called Martin who after going through the standard list of checks and could not come up with a solution advised that i needed to do a line test through the master socket by removing the faceplate and using the socket behind there. Although i explained that my connection speed was fine inthe mornings so how could it be a line problem, i did as i was requested as i was informed this problem could not be escalted until i had done this for at least 24 hours.

On Thursday the 6th September, 24 hours later i called back, as expected the problem still remained with no improvement. I this time spoke to Cindy, who after then going through the standard check list of problems yet again, suggested it sounded like a stuck profile problem. Despite me again pointing out that i had good speed surfing, streaming and downloading in the mornings Cindy was sure this was the problem butn she needed to contact another department and would have to call me back in 24 hours. I agreed to this and awaited the callback the next day.

On Friday the 7th of September i received the callback from Cindy to which she informed me she would now be contacting the other department and would need ton call me back in one hour. Why i was made to wait 24 hours before then contacting the other department to then make me wait another hour was not explained, however i agreed, yet again, and awaited the call back.

On Saturday afternoon 8th September after waiting nearly 24 hours for the callback that should have taken one hour, i called your customer services again,i did not catch the name of this adviser, explaining that i had been waiting for a callback but had not yet received it. After, yes, yet again going through the standard checklist which i began to feel i now knew better than the adviser, it was decided that a line check was neededed, again. i was advised not to use the landline for one hour and i would get a callback at the end of that hour with the results.Ok i agreed to this with not much optimism to be honest.

On Sunday 9th September after waiting 24 hours for a callback that should have taken one hour, yes i again called the Customer service line, speaking to Mickey this time, yet again explainig the problem, the lack of help and asked why i was constantly being lied to by customer service advisers regarding the promise of a simple callback. After going through the standard checklist ,yes , once again i asked the adviser if they log all customer calls and have to make notes of what problems we are having so future advisers can follow the history. After some evasive answers he agreed this was the case. I then asked if he could check whether there was any notes regarding my previous call on Saturday and was there any line test done. again after some evasive answers he informed me there were no such notes in my history. I then asked him to check whether there had been any notes saved regarding the stuck profile and subsequent investigation to which he confirmed there was no evidence that this had taken place.During this conversation i was shocked when during some awkward questions asked by myself i was asked by Mickey to please stop using profanities, This really was the icing on the cake as i have never, not once used any vulgar language against any customer service advisers. This service may be appalling but as i work in customer service myself i am only to aware that the quickest may to get cut off and leave any issue unresolved is by swearing at the advisers.
After this accusation i asked to speak to his adviser to which he replied they were not available but if i wanted to complain he would raise the issue and i would receive a callback within 24/48 hours. I agreed to this despite not having much confidence in a callback. Mickey also agreed to escalate the problems i had been having with my home broadband, the end result being that i should also receive a callback within 48 hours with a resolution to this problem or to escalate the problem further.

I am writing this email on Thursday 13th September, to date i have received no further callbacks either to acknowledge my complaint or to further acknowledge the ongoing problem of slow download/streaming/surfing of an evening. I find the level of incompetence of the orange customer service shocking given that i have only been a customer for less than three weeks. Not only has the issue i have had remained unresolved but promises to take action to cure this problem have turned out to be lies, and not even my calls have been recorded by the customer service advisers i have spoken to. This explains why at every contact i have had to repeat the same story and the same checklists asked by the advisers as i now know they had no record of the problem to work with.

All the calls i have made to the customer service line can be verified by yourselves taking a look at my call history, as i also have my home phone line with orange.

I would like these problems addressed and an explanation as to why the customer advisers have failed in their basic duty, to help a customer to solve a problem with their service.

I do feel that the contract that i signed up has not been honoured on Orange's part and would like to know what steps are needed to cancel this without any financial loss to myself.

I hope i can be confident in receiving a reply to this email within seven days, unlike the promises i received from the customer service advisers,

Regards,

The problem i have when i send this is a failed return from the email where you are supposed to send complaints and referring me to the customer service helpline!!!
Anyone got any other lines of communication with orange i can use before i go insane??
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Sep-12 20:26:52
Print Post

Re: Shocking customer service from orange, how to complain??

[re: darquorze] [link to this post]

OFCOM.

Standard User darquorze
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-12 20:35:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

OFCOM do not handle individual complaints, all i would like is for my complaint to get through to orange in the first place, but they are making it impossible...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-12 21:23:31
Print Post

[re: darquorze] [link to this post]

You cannot take your complaint elsewhere until you have exhausted their Complaints Code of Practice by letter I suggest. If I were you I'd cut down on all that narrative and concentrate on what's wrong and that support were unable to resolve it. Otherwise the recipient is liable to get lost and bored.

I thought your problem is principally with newsgroups and torrents, not just ordinary downloads, which Orange, and others, often traffic manage. "I primarily use newsgroups to download"!. You make no mention of those in your attempted email above. Is that being honest?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Sep-12 21:26:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Makes a lot more sense when you make that link.

I believe I linked to their KPI that shows they manage that traffic at night

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User darquorze
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-12 21:38:30
Print Post

i accept the reasons why my download speed is non existent on the evenings becuse of the newsgroup issue, what has really angered me regarding orange is the sub standard service by the advisers there. They have constantly promised call backs, line tests, re set profiles, without recording this in my conversation history or actually performing these tests. If i have another problem how much confidence do you think i will have in them to actually investigate this? this is the basis of my complaint, not the ability to cure the download speed issue but there failure to even investigate. The advice on this forum was far more helpful and how long did it take to get an answer? 1 oe 2 hours max.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Sep-12 00:55:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Makes a lot more sense when you make that link.
What link? This one?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 15-Sep-12 11:44:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No just caught me using forums while having breakfast

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Sep-12 13:01:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'd presumed this one: "I primarily use newsgroups to download"

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Sep-12 13:22:13
Print Post

That's your second reference to a quote of unknown origin, so understandable only to the OP.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to