General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Notabene
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 15:45:30
Print Post

TalkTalk ADSL Cease -- Getting Confirmation

[link to this post]

Problem Getting Confirmation of ADSL Cease

I arranged on the phone with a TalkTalk rep., back in October, to have ADSL Cease at the end of my contract period which is on 26 December 2012.

I recently asked *for confirmation* that this has been scheduled. I asked on: (a) TalkTalk Forum (b) e-mail to TalkTalk. No confirmation has been received and the email back from customer services skirted the issue (in my opinion) by simply giving links to some generic information.

It doesn't seem much to ask for, does it? A simple confirmation, by email or post. So how do I proceed in order to get this confirmation? Should I contact OfCom complaints dept., for instance? Any advice gratefully received.

Edited by Notabene (Wed 14-Nov-12 15:48:43)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Nov-12 16:29:02
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk ADSL Cease -- Getting Confirmation

[re: Notabene] [link to this post]

You can't complain until the promised event hasn't happened.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 17:06:47
Print Post

I arranged on the phone with a TalkTalk rep.

I recently asked *for confirmation* that this has been scheduled. I asked on: (a) TalkTalk Forum (b) e-mail to TalkTalk.

Looks like you will have to try the phone again.

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 18:09:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Notabene:
I recently asked *for confirmation* that this has been scheduled. I asked on: (a) TalkTalk Forum (b) e-mail to TalkTalk. No confirmation has been received and the email back from customer services

Give this a try - https://twitter.com/TalkTalkCare
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 16-Nov-12 10:35:48
Print Post

Hi Notabene,

Can you confirm which section of the TT forum you posted in and if this has been picked up by an OCE? If you bump your thread and ensure this is in the Customer Service and Billing section this will be addressed and confirmation of any order can be given.

@JackHackett - The Forum and @TalkTalkCare are managed by the same team so the OP would be better to choose which of these methods is most suitable to prevent their need to duplicate the request.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Notabene
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 18:24:58
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

I can confirm the TT Support ticket number so you should be able to locate it: 121113-002462

Earlier today I did get confirmation of a sort, slightly marred by a reference which you will see reads:

"...Roughly a month after this you will receive what is known as the “’first bill after disconnection”. This will cover any chargeable calls made up until the point your services are disconnected, potentially a contract buyout fee if you cancelled within your minimum term contract and potentially a credit or debit for your monthly subscription charges..".

Now the point is: the ADSL Cease date agreed is when my contract ends (i.e Dec 26th), or so I was told by TT back in October. So why the words "potentially a contract buyout fee... [etc]" were included for me I do not know. The words are redundant AFAICT.

I querried as to the why (as you may see in the ticket) but then got a reply that the ticket thread is closed and stating that "all [my] issues" have now been resolved.

There should be (rather IS) no contract buyout fee applicable and I should be grateful for a confirmation of this.

O - "any chargeable calls" refers to what? I am on broadband only.

Edited by Notabene (Fri 16-Nov-12 18:26:54)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Nov-12 21:22:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Notabene:
So why the words "potentially a contract buyout fee... [etc]" were included for me I do not know. The words are redundant AFAICT.
Hence the presence of the word "potentially". It's their standard form applicable to everyone.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(isp) Mon 19-Nov-12 15:46:55
Print Post

Hi NOtabene,

The wording is generic, as XraySpex has confirmed, to ensure it is applicable to all circumstances when being sent.

The potential charge is only relevant if you are in contract. If you are out of contract it wont be charged. However as the same letter is sent to everyone disconnecting, irrespective if this is a cease you have requested with us directly, a migration of your line or a home move. As such the term "potentially" ensures it is applicable to all as in each circumstance this potential depends upon your contract term expiry date.

Regards

Mark

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Notabene
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-12 18:23:55
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In the 1990s when my company was advising the telecoms industry on Customer Care, we always advised against generic answers: one solution was to have flexible fields customized to customer categories: a generic part applicable to all and a cost-effective customizable part. This approach can be very effective also in reducing churn. In this case, for instance as a broadband only customer the reference to calls is wholly irrelevant - not even potentially here. (The preceding is meant to be helpful by the way.)

BTW I'm still having inordinate trouble in getting any kind of written confirmation from TT CS that 26.12. is the end of contract period; was told on Sunday that I couldn't have that. It's one thing having a 'verbal' confirmation - which was given - another to see it in writing. Also what happens if on 26.12 if I find that I'm still connected and charged for another month?
(isp) Tue 20-Nov-12 10:23:33
Print Post

HI notabene,

we appreciate your feedback and in most cases correspondence is tailored to the individual.

If you contact us either via the TalkTalk Members Forum or tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can confirm this for you in writing.

Regards

Mark

Print Thread

Jump to