General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dlc
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 11:44:00
Print Post

Orange moved my account without my knowledge

[link to this post]

In July I signed up for a 12 month contract with Orange to provide my broadband. Yesterday my internet stopped working, so I called their help line to get information on what I thought must be a technical issue. They informed me that my account no longer existed because I had requested to close it and move to another service provider. They told me that a MAC code had been issued as per the account holders request. I am the only account holder, and have made no such request. I asked them to tell me who they supplied the code to, or to provide me with any evidence as to my requesting the MAC code, and they had none. They also said they could not tell me who my service had supposedly switched over to, and so they could do nothing. Has anybody had a similar sort of experience, or have any advice?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Nov-12 13:35:37
Print Post

Re: Orange moved my account without my knowledge

[re: dlc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dlc:
on what I thought must be a technical issue.
Did you choose the "problems with service" (Option 2)? Might be better to try "Billing & account queries" (Option 1).

Otherwise all you can do is lodge a formal written complaint saying that as the account holder they agreed to supply you with BB and that they have broken this agreement by ceasing the service without any valid reason.

They said your a/c no longer existed. Have you looked at your Member Centre ( https://membercentre.orange.co.uk/MCPres/ ) on their website to see if it's still there?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Nov-12 13:40:52
Print Post

[re: dlc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dlc:
In July I signed up for a 12 month contract with Orange to provide my broadband. Yesterday my internet stopped working, so I called their help line to get information on what I thought must be a technical issue. They informed me that my account no longer existed because I had requested to close it and move to another service provider. They told me that a MAC code had been issued as per the account holders request. I am the only account holder, and have made no such request. I asked them to tell me who they supplied the code to, or to provide me with any evidence as to my requesting the MAC code, and they had none. They also said they could not tell me who my service had supposedly switched over to, and so they could do nothing. Has anybody had a similar sort of experience, or have any advice?
Hi, It looks like someone has made a real cock-up, with your complaint you need to write to:

Orange Customer Care
PO Box 486
Rotherham
S63 5ZX

Write to them http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/2...

include your Orange home broadband account number

http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/about/Orange-comp...

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/c...

XRaySpeX might be able give you more info...

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Wed 21-Nov-12 14:46:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dlc
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-12 17:22:33
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Thanks, I'll write up a complaint and send it in. I've also now referred the issue to Ofcom, and received some advice from them too. Don't understand how they could do something like this without me having any knowledge...
  Print Thread

Jump to