General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NothappywithVM
(newbie) Mon 14-Jan-13 13:11:29
Print Post

Cancelling a new virgin media contract?

[link to this post]

Hi all,

We've just moved house & signed up with virgin media( the connection is 18days old) we've moved in last week so only go to "experience" the joys of virgin media for the last 7 days.
We're on a 60mg connection but only usually get half that but can live with that. Our problem is during the hours of 12pm - 1am our connection is about as stable as Oliver Reed on a tour around Bells.
Our ping is anything from 50-80 & jitter is around the same, making online gaming impossible which is what the connection was intended for.
Having been on the phone with them everyday this past week I've been told were a victim of high utilisation and the issue will not be fixed until the 28th feb at the earliest.

Now to me this is unacceptable and having dig around I've come across many in the same boat only to still be awaiting a fix 5 months on, this is not something I'm prepared to put up with so my question to you guys is can I cancel the contract within the 28 days? As I read somewhere its was 7 days & I wish to be armed with all the info before I contact VM.

Thanks in advance

Paul.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Jan-13 13:17:20
Print Post

Re: Cancelling a new virgin media contract?

[re: NothappywithVM] [link to this post]

If connection is 18 days old, then outside the easier 7 day window.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consu...

In theory a 28 day window.

There is also a 28 day guarantee Virgin Media offer
"Money back guarantee: Available to new customers and existing customers taking a new service. Call us within 28 days of activation for a refund of your first month’s rental charges and any installation charge. You will only be charged for transactions (calls, purchases, service upgrades) occurring after activation. Statutory rights are not affected."

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 14-Jan-13 13:21:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you MrSaffron, I'll give them a call now.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 15-Jan-13 13:10:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Rang virgin up & cancelled contract there & then as soon as I mentioned the 30 money back guarentee, no cost to myself just awaiting cut off & an engineer to uninstall.

Incidentally I've gone back to my old BT option 3 plan as it would seem the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Thanks again MrSaffron.

Paul.
  Print Thread

Jump to