General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User solado
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-13 19:23:11
Print Post

Complete disgust and failure of BT and BT Openreach

[link to this post]

I just have to share this because sometimes I feel like it can't be really happening.

I ordered BT infinity on the 26th January after Sky let me down with the installation at my new flat but they wavered their ending of a contract early as it was a fault their end which was fine.

I received my equipment as promised on the 28th January (Home hub) which wasn't a problem. However on the installation day that's when the problems started to come about. I was due to have an engineer come out to install everything on 30th January but the Openreach engineer pulled up outside my flat, got his laptop out to make a quick note and drove off. He didn't get out his van, call me or attempt to post a card.

I can only assume to came to the address to make a note that I "wasn't in" and here is where my address was as he decided to make a note of the local takeaway near my flat. I guess making a quick note and driving off gave him chance to go to another job and finish earlier?

I rang BT at 2:30 that day to explain what happened and to see if any Openreach engineer was coming and was told that "They left a message I wasn't in and to call back to arrange an appointment". After much negotiation I managed to get a 5th February slot (today at 8-1)... lone behold. 1 came and no Openreach engineer.

I spoke to BT India and was informed Openreach couldn't fit my appointment in and I had to take the Saturday (coming) Appointment at 8-1 and slammed the phone down on me. No, I was not being rude either just trying to find out why a second time they didn't bother to turn up.

So I guess they wont be coming on Saturday either as they haven't the past 2 times. I am so frustrated with BT and Openreach and I feel completely powerless to do anything. I would love to go with Virgin but I dont live in a Virgin cable area which makes matters worse.

So if you are thinking of taking up BT Infinity, Be aware of my peril of trying to get an Openreach engineer to come help me install my line.

No idea what to do as I say as BT doesn't make it clear.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Feb-13 19:56:39
Print Post

Re: Complete disgust and failure of BT and BT Openreach

[re: solado] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear about your story.
No idea what to do as I say as BT doesn't make it clear.

Make sure they have an accurate contact number for you on the task notes, and if your place is a little tricky to find (a flat within a shared address for instance) that clear instruction is added also.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 05-Feb-13 20:04:55
Print Post

Have you got an installation booked on Saturday - you should be able to see it on the BT website?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User solado
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-13 22:36:06
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Have you got an installation booked on Saturday - you should be able to see it on the BT website?

Hi,
The information on the BT websites tracking order still say's 5 Feb frown
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 05-Feb-13 22:42:34
Print Post

Which Infinity service is it? FTTC or FTTP? (Up to 38, 76 or 160).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Feb-13 22:52:45
Print Post

Its a shame you didn't film the chap being idle - could have posted it on YouTube. You would certainly have got BT's attention then...

Aside from that, you have two choices : Continually phone them and/or post on their forums (if possible), or cancel everything and go with someone else.

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Tue 05-Feb-13 22:53:32)

Standard User solado
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-13 23:47:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I am supposedly getting FTTC 76mb package
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Feb-13 08:30:25
Print Post

That's OK. If it had been the 160 that is FTTP and being in flats could have been the issue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 06-Feb-13 09:13:36
Print Post

Re:Complete disgust and failure of BT and BT Openreach

Hi Solado,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order for BT Infinity. I would like to take a look at your order. Please could you send me in your details, using the link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Thanks

Paddy
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Feb-13 09:17:07
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Its a shame you didn't film the chap being idle

'Course, who's to say that the engineer the OP saw, was THE engineer given his install task ?

The OP wondered if the engineer just no accessed the job so he could finish early, it doesn't work like that, you close one task, another just drops down behind it, until it is finish time.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to