General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MikeL28
(newbie) Sun 21-Apr-13 18:10:39
Print Post

O2 SMTP failure during April

[link to this post]

I'm amazed that nobody else has apparently posted on this subject. From about the 7th April, O2's SMTP Servers have been on the blink. It took me a week to find out that many of my WLM 'sent messages' weren't arriving at recipients. O2 Support, who've been good in the past, had no idea. (I'm a retired Techie). Eventually, on the 16th I found a more willing Support person, who agreed with my diagnosis that the problem lay with their SMTP Servers. And the problem went from intermittent to permanent!! I left her to sniff around.
On the 18th she copied me an internal email from "Connected World " (Who They?) confirming they acknowledged the problem and hoped to solve it by the 19th. And by 15.00 on 19th they appeared to have solved it.
What's really annoying is that for nearly two weeks they had this problem, (if they didn't know about it they should have) and, when they did, it apparently took a few days for "Connected World " to tell the Support Guys.I guess this is part of the pre-Sky handover effect and lack of investment in infrastructure etc. Comments welcome, please?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Apr-13 19:23:37
Print Post

Re: O2 SMTP failure during April

[re: MikeL28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeL28:
I'm amazed that nobody else has apparently posted on this subject.
Search, read and be unamazed: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/f/4230759-possib...

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to