General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mcalld
(newbie) Wed 19-Jun-13 20:09:28
Print Post

Advice on non service

[link to this post]

Hi all , new here , to the mods hope i have picked the right group .

A little history moving from virgin media. (condensed)
Ordered broad band from talktalk on April 15th. April 16th talk talk take £100 one year line rental. Engineer (subby) may 1st says dig needed to fix line outside driveway. May 2nd openreach engineer come and inspect again say yes a dig is required. May 24 another engineer(subby) arrives doesn't understand why he is here, calls BT control. BT control inform him dig scheduled for May 29th . May 29th - nothing . June 2nd Talktalk inform us review will happen June 12th . June 12th - nothing . Contact talktalk June 19th - informed new review will take place July 30th. (yes one and a half months from now)

Want to cancel with talk talk and order from BT because I believe BT have a better relationship with openreach or at least will pressure them to fix the lines a little faster. .

So the question is anyone got any advice/words of warning before i jump into another pile.

Many thanks for any help .
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 19-Jun-13 20:38:38
Print Post

Re: Advice on non service

[re: mcalld] [link to this post]

Don't do it. Openreach cannot give or be seen to give favouritism to BT. Your best bet is to wait and the only thing you can do is hassle Openreach yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 19-Jun-13 22:00:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Although your second sentence is absolutely correct, it doesn't follow that BT Retail cannot get better responses from Openreach than TalkTalk do. They may simply have staff better trained in the use of the ISP-Openreach official communication channels.

Re your suggestion that the OP should hassle Openreach, I wouldn't have a clue how to do that given there are no official channels for end users to do that. Do you? Maybe email the Openreach CEO?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jun-13 09:26:15
Print Post

[re: mcalld] [link to this post]

I'm afraid it is purely a misconception that BT Retail have a faster route into Openreach than anyone else, the path we use to contact them is the same, the appointment slots and access to the Openreach calendar is the same.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Jun-13 12:30:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

There are several known email addresses for Openreach including nga.enquiries at openreach.co.uk. There is also the www.ceoemail.com route, so plenty of ways to contact them.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to