General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ianc_oxon
(newbie) Thu 15-Aug-13 15:56:23
Print Post

TalkTalk YouView TV contract problem

[link to this post]

I've been with Talktalk for a few years so when they offered the TV deal & a discount I accepted. Bad move! The broadband connection speed dropped from 6-7Mbps down to 4Mbps. They didn't tell me about that. Not wanting fibre to increase speed & my costs I have managed to get them to cancel the new contract without a penalty I think. Going back to the old deal, same price until the increases kick in. Cannot believe they did this without telling me.

When my advance line rental runs out I think I'll move away from them. frown(
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Thu 15-Aug-13 16:02:09
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk YouView TV contract problem

[re: ianc_oxon] [link to this post]

It's a known issue with the Plus TV package that people get lower speeds than they would otherwise. You can have it easily rectified by posting in the Unlimited Broadband forum on the TalkTalk Community site (you may need to sign up to this site if you haven't used it before). Just tell them what you've told us on here and they'll ramp your speeds back up by changing your profile.

TalkTalk Plus TV
Standard User ianc_oxon
(newbie) Thu 15-Aug-13 16:06:57
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

Their forum is swamped and I don't trust them to keep it at a higher speed. But thanks anyway for the reply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ianc_oxon
(newbie) Thu 22-Aug-13 12:45:09
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

Hi yes the OCE's have reprofiled the line and I'm back where I was before. Took them 5 days to reply though so patience is a virtue!

I think all this hassle could have been avoided if we'd been properly informed about the new contract changes. You'll get what you pay for and even less if you don't complain!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 23-Aug-13 01:12:03
Print Post

[re: ianc_oxon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ianc_oxon:
You'll get what you pay for and even less if you don't complain!
Surely the only time a business provides more than you pay for is when you are being charged for more than what is normally supplied?
tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to