General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rs3152
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:18:35
Print Post

Daisy Group PLC

[link to this post]

Daisy Group PLC. Not so much about broadband, more to do with email and website hosting.

I run a small company. On Friday 23rd August email stopped working, just not connecting. Now, on Wednesday 28th August still not working. The website hosting is not so important, but email certainly is. This is 2013 most orders and other communication are by email. Maybe a few hours or a day without email can be tolerated, but 6 six days is certianly not acceptable.

I am losing business. No orders, no quotations, nothing for almost a week. Yes I have complained, yes I have had meaningless excuses and platitudes. Something to do with changing a server. What I want is our email back.

http://www.daisygroupplc.com/customer-support/servic...

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced email only service ?

Edited by rs3152 (Wed 28-Aug-13 23:20:20)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:43:00
Print Post

Re: Daisy Group PLC

[re: rs3152] [link to this post]

I've used Tsohost for several years now. If you call the number on their website now you will probably get a helpful guy within seconds.

The problem will be if Daisy have email queued up for you. You don't want to lose it by transferring, so you need to discuss that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 28-Aug-13 23:45:23)

Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 29-Aug-13 08:17:30
Print Post

What about office 365 if you have office 2010 or better
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/business/compare-o...
Then click on enterprise....£2.60/user/month...exchange online with shared calendars out of office replies and 25GB archive along with exchange active sync for mobiles

IAn

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RapsterUK
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-13 12:12:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by rs3152:

I use '1&1 Instant Mail' from 1&1.co.uk. It costs me £0.86 per month, including VAT. With that I get 5 IMAP/POP3 E-mail Accounts, 2GB E-mail Storage (per account), 150 E-mail Aliases and all 5 accounts get Anti-virus Scanning, Anti-spam & Anti-phishing Protection. I also host my domain with them.

Obviously, they have larger packages. For instance, the next one up from '1&1 Instant Mail' is '1&1 Starter', which costs £2.99 per month, including VAT. With that you'd get 1000 IMAP/POP3 E-mail Accounts, 2GB E-mail Storage (per account), 250 E-mail Aliases and all 1000 accounts get Anti-virus Scanning, Anti-spam & Anti-phishing Protection.

More importantly, I have been with them for, I dunno, about 10 years, and I have NEVER had a problem with receiving/sending emails, the domain or the website I used to have them host. They also have plenty of redundancy on hand if anything were to go wrong.

Reading that back to myself, I sound a little like a salesman!

I assure you, I'm not. I'm just a happy customer, because it all just works.

Here's the link to their email info: http://www.1and1.co.uk/MailInstantMail

Edited by RapsterUK (Thu 29-Aug-13 12:18:00)

Standard User rs3152
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-13 15:49:07
Print Post

Remarkable, it is now almost a whole week without email. Nothing whatsoever. I am seriously looking into whether I can take some legal action in the event that this lack of paid for service has lost me money or caused some other disadvantage to me or my NHS customers.

At least Daisy are now acknowledging on their website that there is a serious problem. This really is a dreadful company !

I signed up with TSOHOSTS, and lo and behold, due to some issue with Nominet, I don't have a working email address with them either. I'm off to buy some carrier pigeons, or maybe dig out the fax machine.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 29-Aug-13 21:37:42
Print Post

Oh heck frown. That's yuk. My recommendation as well crazy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User rs3152
(newbie) Fri 30-Aug-13 16:21:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No problem. Seems that it's something to do with propagation or whatever.

However normal Daisy email is back now. Not bad, it only took them a whole week. But I know that there were emails sent that I did not get, so some work to be done.

But I still intend divorcing Daisy on this. I have too much with them. Email, Broadband, Website hosting, Domain name registrations, the lot. That's not good when something goes wrong, plus they are VERY expensive.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 30-Aug-13 19:01:19
Print Post

Propagation is (broadly speaking) your domain IP address and email IP addresses getting round to and updating every DNS server in the world. Normally takes up to 2 days, but within the UK is almost instant.

I hope Tsohost goes well for you, assuming you are staying with them. Did you ring them up, like I suggested? And what was the support like over this?

Print Thread

Jump to