General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User suecom
(newbie) Mon 09-Sep-13 15:45:06
Print Post

Talk-Talk / AOL

[link to this post]

Not that anyone on this forum would consider such an ISP, but just a note in case they've forgotten:

This is the worse provider in the world. It's a company of such incompetence that they couldn't make a sitcom about it. They have everything, from lousy service, to incorrect billing, to a complaint department that's rude and unresponsive. If it were a hotel, it would make Faulty Towers the best hotel in the world.

Avoid at all cost (buy a carrier pigeon)
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 02:26:14
Print Post

Re: Talk-Talk / AOL

[re: suecom] [link to this post]

With talktalk for 1.5 Years now and not had a single problem with them.

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 24272 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 14.5 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 0.3 dB 11.8 dB
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Tue 14-Jan-14 07:10:45
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Seansmit17:
With talktalk for 1.5 Years now and not had a single problem with them.

Come up through the ranks from Nildram from 2003. Not exactly sure when TalkTalk acquired my account but certainly by 2013 everything from them was to the lowest common dominator and still on a downward path. I could give chapter and verse of their incompetence of getting even the simple things right, but don't wish to get suicidal again. The fact you have had no issues for 18 months is neither here or there; it's the luck of the draw whether you are in hell or heaven with them. I jumped ship and so glad that I did.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 08:11:04
Print Post

Your post would have more impact if you detailed your experience!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User rbrtsmrvll6
(newbie) Tue 14-Jan-14 08:48:44
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

I have been with AOL since 2003 and the few small problems that I have had were quickly and pleasantly dealt with. Download speeds have doubled in the last year to about 13.5 Mbps here in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 09:35:54
Print Post

You don't mention your connection speed as an issue what is it?
Are they still your ISP or have you migrated to another one?

Alastair
plusnet
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Tue 14-Jan-14 14:41:48
Print Post

[re: rbrtsmrvll6] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rbrtsmrvll6:
I have been with AOL since 2003 and the few small problems that I have had were quickly and pleasantly dealt with. Download speeds have doubled in the last year to about 13.5 Mbps here in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Any comments I [trolleybus] made relate to TalkTalk. Why the OP included AOL as well in the heading, I have no idea,

As for AOL, I will just say that I have never been a subscriber to their service, but continue to get frustrated with their anti-spam policy which often blocks genuine emails to AOL accounts. Furthermore, ex-subscribers to AOL always wish they had jumped ship earlier.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 15:29:23
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
Why the OP included AOL as well in the heading
I presumed that the OP was all about AOL not TT and that Subject was to indicate that AOL was a subsidiary of TT, in case anyone of us didn't know. But I could easily be wrong; it could mean anything.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to