General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User KRS
(newbie) Tue 24-Sep-13 13:10:16
Print Post

Virgin unconcerned about bad service

[link to this post]

Speed and latency with Virgin have always been an issue and things have been going from bad to worse. Lately the connection to their service drops altogether. I have phoned several times and all I got are promises about increased speed. In the last few days if I get a signal at all I get 0.5/1.2 Mps. Customer service is completely unresponsive and unconcerned about the fact. I have logged several complains to no avail. According to them engineering work on my line has been taking place on and off in the last three months but I haven't seen any improvement. Either is a lie or their engineers are completely incompetent. Customer service never calls back. I spend a lot of time chasing them. It is becoming really aggravating. I am thinking to change provider but I am afraid also VM competitors might not be much better. What is in your opinion the best of a bad bunch?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Sep-13 13:49:03
Print Post

Re: Virgin unconcerned about bad service

[re: KRS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by KRS:
all I get 0.5/1.2 Mps.
Doesn't sound like Virgin Cable; more like ADSL, which is dependant on line length and not to be recommended.

What are your router stats and exchange, so we can see what you could be getting?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Sep-13 14:18:10
Print Post

Re: Virgin unconcerned about bad service

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I have seen a few people get speeds like that in the past on cable - usually down to a massive fault or ongoing problem which has had the fix date pushed back and back and back.

"

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to