General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Veggiegardener
(newbie) Sat 12-Oct-13 20:27:58
Print Post

Europasat - is it their fault or BT (or me)?

[link to this post]

I've had tooway now Europasat for about 18 months as a large and fast business user and been very happy with it until last month when our outgoing emails from outlook started to get blocked. The help desk who were very helpful and friendly said it wasn't our fault but that BT was changing its servers and our IP address must have been used for spam in the past so CBL was repeatedly blocking us. The problem might continue for another three weeks until BT were finished. By this stage I was ringing Esat more than once a day as the lack of fileable email was seriously impinging on our business. One chap told me that our IP is dynamic, another that it is fixed but split many ways so could be mistaken for spammers. As more informed readers will see from this, I don't really understand the answers and they are generally consistent in blaming BT but rather vague as to the cause, how it can be fixed, and how long before we are back to normal - or I change our BB provider! I should add that all our PCs were uptodate on Norton and just in case I have added 2 other malware search and destroy progs and I have put similar apps on the iPad. Please can anyone confirm whether Esat are telling me the whole story and how and when I am likely to get back to normal service. I think my next step will be to write to them demanding restoration of the service I am paying mega bucks for - is this likely
to help?

Qui audit audit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 20:36:29
Print Post

Re: Europasat - is it their fault or BT (or me)?

[re: Veggiegardener] [link to this post]

There is some messing about going on with BT mail servers. Don't tell me what your email address is on this open forum, but please tell me what comes after the "@".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 21:29:56
Print Post

Hmmm. Thanks for PM'ing that.

So everyone knows, the email address is for the OP's domain. Registered through 123. I can't see what BT has to do with it.

For Veggiegardener - the BT trouble I referred to is discussed in this thread. There doesn't seem to be any way that could affect an own-domain address, unless you are forwarding it from the domain to a BT address?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 22:09:00
Print Post

which SMTP server are you using ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Oct-13 23:40:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
the email address is for the OP's domain.
I understand not all domain hosts provide a mailbox to go with it. So, could OP be forwarding to a BT domain?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Oct-13 00:28:44
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Bedtime for you I think, XRaySpeX tongue.

Standard User Veggiegardener
(newbie) Sun 13-Oct-13 00:56:20
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

I will ask my website provider what lies behind the domain name- which is my company name. Thank you.

Qui audet audit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Oct-13 01:01:35
Print Post

You need to ask specifically what lies behind the email, i.e. where your email is hosted and whether BT is involved. They might think you mean your website, which may not be the same thing smile.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 13-Oct-13 11:29:10
Print Post

you need to look at the SMTP (sending) server setting in Outlook for that information

http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook... may help see where to look

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics

Edited by yarwell (Sun 13-Oct-13 11:31:11)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 13-Oct-13 11:32:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

went to help a guy with an email problem he had signed up for a "business email address" from BT - turns out to be Office365 from Microsoft using an outlook.com (aka hotmail) email service.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to