General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jan-14 15:33:47
Print Post

Re: BT Privacy with Caller Display

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I also have (legacy) E & W included FOC.
I doubt that will be a stopper for LRS, as it is legacy and you are not 'in-contract' for it. My problem preventing me from getting LRS is that my special deal Calling Plan is within a 12m contract.

However BT seem to mix up the diff 12m contracts. There could be 1 for the line rental which the recent BT Privacy + free Caller ID has imposed. There could also be a 12m contract on the Calling Plan. as I have. BT appear to be leaking that contract into the 12m LRS contract, when they would seem to be independant of each other.

You should try applying for LRS. By the time you get to 'Confirm' it should tell you whether or not you are eligible.

Bear in mind that with LRS, you go on to monthly paperless billing with whole bill monthly DDs.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-Jan-14 15:59:04
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Isn't LRS an annual payment?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jan-14 16:15:55
Print Post

Yes, but you still have to pay for any 'out-of-plan' calls and your Calling Plan, which in your case is £0. I was just drawing that condition to your attention.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-Jan-14 16:26:17
Print Post

Interestingly, as I'm billed quarterly, additions such as Call diversion which I had for a short time still came quarterly. I'm already on paperless billing, for the discount (we used to get?).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-Jan-14 16:36:45
Print Post

I supose that if you elected for papare billing they would charge you extra used to be £4.50 iirc
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jan-14 16:41:18
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

No, you can't elect! It is a condition of LRS to only have paperless whole-bill monthly billing.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jan-14 16:43:45
Print Post

That's what I'm trying to warn you. LRS forces you to paperless monthly billing from quarterly billing on any medium.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-Jan-14 17:19:25
Print Post

OK. Ta smile.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-May-14 14:10:29
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Just noticed that TPS continues after leaving BT Retail line rental. I've been with Zen for several months and just attempted to register for TPS http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html and discovered that my phone number was still registered. Don't get many unsolicited sales or marketing calls ("unavailable" number on caller display) but I thought I might be able to eliminate them completely...
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-May-14 14:54:57
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I think BT Privacy essentially is a way of signing to the TPS (plus the extra bits). So, by having BT Privacy you would indeed already be on TPS anyway.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to