General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trumpet272
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:23:06
Print Post

Tooway

[link to this post]

A victim of their own success perhaps. I have had a 20mb service for 3 years which is now down to about 4mb at best during the day. A gradual loss of performance which I've discovered is down to congestion and over supply.

So, has anyone tried other options such as SES or Hybeam? I currently pay £75 per month, which I would stomach for something decent as I'm years and years off ADSL.

Many thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:49:03
Print Post

Re: Tooway

[re: trumpet272] [link to this post]

Have you seen this thread? And this one?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User trumpet272
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:58:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, thanks - I couldn't establish though if the SES product would just end up the same way as the Tooway one - oversubscribed and clogged up! Europasat seem to suggest more people are moving to SES - but will we all end up in the same position?!

Just wish I could have ADSL.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Oct-13 18:48:28
Print Post

If the issue is transponder congestion, then entirely possible the same thing might happen.

Key think appears to have been the few months where unlimited was sold that spiked demand.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-Oct-13 18:36:36
Print Post

I went and saw thebox.co.uk which also does satellite. Did not take it in the end for other reasons, but the SES option looked to be ok. especially as a new satellite was launching around now.

IanD
  Print Thread

Jump to