General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User UKNetizen
(learned) Sun 23-Feb-14 16:32:36
Print Post

Openreach missed appointments

[link to this post]

So, what happens when Openreach are sent by your ISP (Sky in my case) to fix a problem and they don't turn up? You would hope they have some kind of responsibility to make up for this, as it means the end customer has their time wasted, the ISP gets to deal with the unhappiness. Apparently not, as all the Sky cs rep could do is book another appointment for the following week.

I should point out that this has happened twice in one week to me, now I've been without service for three weeks. In any other transaction, if you fail to keep an appointment you can be penalised in some way. Do Sky get compensated, even if I can't be? Why on earth shouldn't they make an effort to prioritise a customer they have let down so badly?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 23-Feb-14 16:59:22
Print Post

Re: Openreach missed appointments

[re: UKNetizen] [link to this post]

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefi...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Feb-14 21:38:41
Print Post

You might find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-r... helpful.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User UKNetizen
(learned) Sun 23-Feb-14 21:41:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link. So Sky are up £90 on the deal so far! I know they don't have to pass that on to me, in fact it wouldnt change much if they did. It would make so much more sense to be given a priority appointment rather than being put to the back of the queue once again.
Standard User UKNetizen
(learned) Sun 23-Feb-14 21:49:45
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Interesting link, thank you. Not sure that applies here as I was already on annual leave both days when they missed the appointment, so no monetary loss incurred (just time wasted). Sky are already looking in to compensating me for poor service so to claim extra for this might look bad?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 23-Feb-14 23:18:56
Print Post

I would wait and see what compensation they offer. (Don't forget the figures in the Openreach price list are ex-VAT). So they could offer you £50 per missed visit without it costing them anything other than the man-hours spent in dealing with the issue. Which should be a minute fraction of their support expenditure.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to