General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iankerry
(newbie) Thu 08-May-14 15:53:22
Print Post

BT Business Screw Up - compensation?

[link to this post]

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the sort of 'compensation' payments we should expect if BT Business mess up?

They have admitted that, whilst I was on holiday, they ceased my Business BB line and telephone, without any idea of how it happened or who asked them to.

First I heard of it I was in Scotland without much of a mobile signal, then got texts saying "sorry you are leaving us". After finding a public phone spent two hours talking to 5 different BT people, none of whom knew what I was talking about. I came home to find my office had lots its BB line (along with our server / website connection - crucial for my business).

All I could do was order a new BB line which took another 5 days to arrive. And of course spent another few hours trying to get to the bottom of the mess.

Finally, exasperated I emailed the chief executive, who to his credit got on the job immediately. They tried to find out how it happened, but couldn't. Finally they admitted it was their fault and offered me £148.50 as a gesture of goodwill.

I suspect they have their contracts sewn up so that we don't have any rights if they screw up.

Anyone had any experience of this?

thanks

Ian
  Print Thread

Jump to