General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User flipover5
(newbie) Thu 12-Jun-14 14:50:08
Print Post

bt giving me trouble

[link to this post]

i am having trouble with bt to get a working installation they have been trying to charge myself for a faulty service as there is repairs needing to be done on the outside lines as my phone line is looping my broad band affecting my speeds ect and causing my broadband speed to drop completely .i have had 7 engineers trying to repair the lines but to no avail and they have gave me a cut of line on the 13th of this month , but due to no avail they have not fixed this and still trying to charge me for the service but i will not budge on making payment until the services they are supplying are fixed and resolved and only till then .the times i have contacted bt i have been passed around from department to department promised call backs and so on from managers just to get me of the line i phoned to complain and they directed me to a written letter section that i have to send to them with out even asking if i had any sort of reading disability as i have dyslexia i also explained that it was difficult for me to do so but they insisted on a writen document and not a verbal complaint .im a single father with three children and every time i have contacted them it has been from my side costing me a mobile phone charge at a cost to myself and taking time out from my chores in my house hold duties to supervise my children from waiting on the engineers to child costs so what i have did is

1.contacted OFCOM (they say i have to wait a 8 week period for bt to have the chance to make right but it has been over 9 weeks )
2.got a friend to write a email of complaint
3.contacted watchdog

so if any one has any info it would be most helpful as i am at my wits end with them the problem is that open reaches failure to maintain there lines and the cross communications between department to department they even sent me the wrong controller 4 times for the youview box i have received and the disgusting attitude i have to deal with from the call handlers .they have also said they have compensated me but what they have did has removed the bills from previous that they were going to charge me for a faulty service so they have not even explained and how they have came to this decision .

to be honest this is a cry for help .
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 12-Jun-14 14:54:31
Print Post

Re: bt giving me trouble

[re: flipover5] [link to this post]

BT Retail generally bill people as normal during faults, and once the fault has closed make an offer of compensation, or you can chase/negotiate one at that time.

Also have seen people get mobile costs refunded (but only the extra ones compared to what you would normally do)

When you say the broadband speed has dropped, do you mean to zero or is it still connected, if so what are the router statistics, i.e. connection speed, attenuation and noise margin figures from the router.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flipover5
(newbie) Thu 12-Jun-14 15:17:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

due to the fault in the line my internet speed bottom outs completely meaning no tv and no internet and i am restricted to around 10mb speed on a fiber line also when i do get a connection i have no land line what so ever i can understand them taking payment but not for a service that is none existent and its white static noise that is causing the problem as they have disclosed a fault on the outside line close to my home now they have said that they have changed over the cable but when i make one phone call away it goes as if the phone line is causing the problem this is after each engineer makes a fix on the line and i am not to sure how to get the stats from my hub ? .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jun-14 07:31:09
Print Post

[re: flipover5] [link to this post]

paste this in your browser.
http://bthomehub.home

You will have a login and password supplied on your account details which may need to get the desired settings like speed of line ect .
  Print Thread

Jump to