General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BVA
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 14:32:37
Print Post

Trying to leave TalkTalk

[link to this post]

Have decided to leave TalkTalk and go back to ZEN.

Zen say my address is not on the openreach system (my neighbours are) and because of this they can't get the necessary codes to match my address and initiate the process.

TalkTalk say they don't know what I am talking about, and can't they offer me a deal to change my mind. Moving will lose me 8 months line rental I paid in advance, nothing would persuade me to stay with TalkTalk.

My phone used to be with BT, then I moved to TALKTALK LLU with phone and broadband.

Any ideas as to how I can get out of this impasse!

Bill
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Jun-14 14:55:07
Print Post

Re: Trying to leave TalkTalk

[re: BVA] [link to this post]

Does the address checker at https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

NOTE ADDRESS not postcode checker recognise your address and give the sort of information you expect.

With full LLU the telephone number won't be recognised but a full address lookup should still work.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BVA
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 15:05:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The address checker response is

"Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker"

The address search for neighbouring properties gives a table with all the information.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Jun-14 15:15:55
Print Post

Okay Zen should be able to pester and get this corrected, if they are refusing then email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com with a link to this thread and I'll pester Openreach directly for you.

NOTE: Did just get an odd result from neighbours property (full LLU) where the FTTC info was missing, so the checker does seem to play up - correct result 30 seconds later.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Fri 27-Jun-14 09:56:14
Print Post

Good Morning,

I can confirm we have raised a request with BT Openreach to correct the records but as the phone and broadband isn't with Zen this could be a drawn out affair.

These matters are normally corrected by the current provider, Talk Talk in this case but given the issues detailed in this thread and after discussing this with BVA over the phone we have approached BT Openreach to see what can be done.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BVA
(newbie) Fri 27-Jun-14 13:58:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks to Andrew & Zen who are trying to help me out.

I did post the problem on the TalkTalk community and was given a customer service email address to try. This I did, I just finished a 30 minute conversation firstly with someone (overseas) telling me any problems I had with my line would carry over to another supplier and then gave me a month free by crediting my account with £34, then they put me through to someone who was going to sort out my problem

My first problem with TalkTalk was a drop in broadband speed that took over 2 months of constant hassle to get them to book an Openreach engineer out who replaced the BT box on the outside of the house where the telephone wiring enters the house.

My latest unresolved problem was emails forwarded from 1&1, who hold my domain, not being accepted by TalkTalk and my getting "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" messages, not all my email just maybe 10% or less . I spoke to technical help and gave them my email password, they sent me an incident number on 10th June and that's the last I heard. I tried the community forum and got no further with it.

So the someone I got put through today just talked about my email client, they looked in my account after I again gave them my password, and they simply don't understand the content of the "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" messages. Even I can see that they are messages sent to me at my domain being forwarded to my TalkTalk email account. So the conversation ended with them saying there wasn't a problem because they sent a message to my TalkTalk email account which had got there, they didn't appear to understand anything about the mail forwarding etc.

The last straw was when some vital pin code sent by my bank got rejected, luckily I was checking who the rejected messages were from (most were spam) and remembered I was expecting a pin from my bank. So I set up mailboxes with 1&1 and got the bank to resend the messages, and now get all my email direct from 1&1 having switched off forwarding.

I am certain that there are some very competent people at TalkTalk who could sort these problems out, trouble is as a customer I haven't got a clue how to get hold of them.

End of rant feeling better already!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Jul-14 21:02:16
Print Post

Eh? Banks don't send PINs by email; only by post. You getting conned?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 03-Jul-14 19:05:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Eh? Banks don't send PINs by email; only by post. You getting conned?

Some may in certain situations. But at customer risk.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User BVA
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 10:01:07
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Actually it was a Secure Key code for an online banking Secure Key.
Standard User BVA
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 10:10:58
Print Post

Many thanks to Andrew & Zen for sorting this out.

My transfer to Zen occurred yesterday and my regrade to fast fibre is now being processed.

Very nice to be back with a company with proper customer support who I should never have left in the first place.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to