General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 14:25:36
Print Post

Have 123visp gone Bust?

[link to this post]

I cannot get any response from the ISP 123visp (Jonathan Edwards) AKA internetservices.eu, Wetherby Computers, Big Fast Web Limited. They sell ADSL routed via PlusNet, Tiscali and BT Internet, but since the month end have not answerd any calls and their website at http://support.123visp.co.uk/News/news.aspx implies they have been blocked by their suppliers and are unable to obtain MAC codes?
Anyone know anything to help me get a MAC code?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Jul-14 16:20:18
Print Post

Re: Have 123visp gone Bust?

[re: cbits] [link to this post]

Is everything you use working OK?

They seem to have been losing money since December 2009 (their accounting year end), particularly in the last 12 months, so it is possible they are having supply problems.

31 December 2013:

- Cash £101
- Fixed assets £2,576
- Trade debtors (probably invoices owed by customers) £735

- Creditors £7,654.

- Net worth -£4,242

- Loss for the year, £4,244

Do you have broadband customers via them, or are they just your ISP? If you put your IP address into this checker it will tell you your underlying ISP, who should be able to supply a MAC.

Edit - Jonathan Evans, not Edwards

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 09-Jul-14 16:22:05)

Standard User cbits
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 16:52:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Roberto - very illuminating - I see I did put Edward - very silly mistake - yes it's JONATHAN EVANS.
Its for some clients we have connected via them, and suddenly they are replying via their tickets system we have just been refused a MAC as we didn't make a payment due yesterday - would you pay money to someone who won't reply to any communication?.
So it seems they haven't gone away entirely (just yet?) but its strange that they suddenly manage to bring their "automated system" (lol) to life when posts go onto Think Broadband.
Anyone got any ideas how to make them fulfill their obligation to provide a MAC even if we are "in dispute"?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Jul-14 17:06:03
Print Post

A MAC Key can't be refused on grounds of non-payment.

I think you may want to refer them to Ofcom General Conditions. Likewise, the lack of a trading address on their web site would make me..hhmmm

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Jul-14 17:29:48
Print Post

The systems are working again then?

Don't forget that link I gave you to establish ownership of an IP address. If your customers are still having trouble, but their address into the checker, scroll past the summary stuff, and you get his sort of thing:-
inetnum:        nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn - mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
netname:        PLUSNET-DIAL-ADSL
descr:          Dial-up and ADSL pool
descr:          PlusNet Technologies Ltd.
Gives you the ISP issuing the IP address, and as I said they shold be able to produce a MAC if you get past first-line support and explain the situation. It may need the user to contact them rather than you of course.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 17:41:13
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Thanks guys, Ofcom is worse than useless, they might make rules but they don't enforce them - a typical "dispute resolution" takes four months, hardly going to get the speedy action we need.
With regards to BT Plusnet Tiscali etc, they claim data confidentiality prohibits them issuing MAC codes to either us - or so far the End User.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Jul-14 18:38:05
Print Post

You have to ask the actual ISP for the particular line. Where it routes through via a tracert may not be relevant, though usually the first hop after the router is.

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Wed 09-Jul-14 18:48:00
Print Post

What a load of rubbish

they can give you a mac code.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jul-14 19:05:19
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

If they did they might be in breach of contract.

Resellers do sometimes make things hard. Usually if belly up the wholesaler takes over and appoints another interim reseller or gives out MAC

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jul-14 19:06:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Going to full llu with no need for a mac is one exit route possibly

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to