General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjwright
(newbie) Fri 25-Jul-14 15:53:51
Print Post

Fibre issue with Plus Net and shocking customer support

[link to this post]

Hi

I'm on a fibre service in Northwich with Plus Net and since the 28th of last month, the speed has been shocking, and the connection drops consistently.

Plus net acknowledged a fault and proceeded to book an appointment for BT to take a look. The engineer never showed, and left a voicemail apologising saying that he hadn't received any instruction from plus net, and didn't know what he'd been booked for.

I contacted Plus net (who blamed BT without hesitation) and another appointment was booked. Same thing happened again. I updated my support ticket and told them I was really annoyed and wanted an explanation and wanted it fixing. They updated the ticket saying that "BT had highlighted an issue that prevented engineer appointments" - I;ve asked for clarification on whose side this issue is.

Two days ago after not hearing anything I lodged a complaint and asked for a deadlock letter to make a complaint with the ombudsman. They haven't acknowledged my complaint, and its almost a month since the issue was first reported.

The only way I get any response from them is by taking to twitter and voicing my complaint in the public domain. I want this sorting, and I want to take this further as they have been completely unprofessional. I've tried all tactics other than shouting at their support staff (who isn't to blame so I am reluctant to do this) but I don;t know what else to do. How do I progress this further if I don't have a deadlock letter? The process is flawed.

Design by SJWright
<a href="http://www.sjwright.co.uk">www.sjwright.co.uk</a>
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Jul-14 17:30:03
Print Post

Re: Fibre issue with Plus Net and shocking customer support

[re: sjwright] [link to this post]

The engineer never showed, and left a voicemail apologising saying that he hadn't received any instruction from plus net, and didn't know what he'd been booked for.

I find that very hard to believe... Even to the point of the guy should have come and asked you what the issue is...

They updated the ticket saying that "BT had highlighted an issue that prevented engineer appointments" - I've asked for clarification on whose side this issue is.

If BT have highlighted a issue. Then that would point to their side. Otherwise they would have visited you.
As to what the issue is. You may never find out.

Two days ago after not hearing anything I lodged a complaint and asked for a deadlock letter to make a complaint with the ombudsman. They haven't acknowledged my complaint, and its almost a month since the issue was first reported.

Like many ombudsman. You have to wait 8 weeks before raising it with them. Unless you have a final response from your supplier.
It would appear that +net are still trying to sort the issue.
I would also expect that like many other area's of complaints. They have 10 days to respond to your request for a deadlock letter.

What sort of install was this?

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
ISP Representative chrispettitt
(isp) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:04:26
Print Post

Re: Fibre issue with Plus Net and shocking customer support

[re: sjwright] [link to this post]

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the problems that you've experienced with us regarding us getting an engineer out to investigate and resolve a fault with your service.

So that I can investigate further, can you please PM me your account username, or a Support Ticket reference so that I can identify your account and I'll certainly get this looked into for you.

Chris Pettitt
Plusnet Customer Support
Digital Care
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to