General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User martinooos
(newbie) Sat 26-Jul-14 14:59:30
Print Post

Virgin cancelling contract

[link to this post]

Hello,

I was a customer for 12 month with virgin. One day i recieved a call about upgrading my package for 25p a month! i said perfect, but i asked on the phone if the package would be able to be transfered to my new house when i move and they said ok. (i am moving in one month).

I called them yday to transfer my contract to the new area and they said they have no virgin cables in the area. In extend as i am newly in a contract(started 15th july and had a 7 day cancelaltion period so im 2 days late to cancel) then i have to pay cancellation fee. This is atrocious. How can i get out of it cz there MUST be a way. This is so stupid i cant even start to describe. I didnt even know the lady on the phone was updating my contract, and i told her i would move and she said no problem. Now i have to pay 280 pounds to cancel my contract?

Please help me.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Jul-14 15:10:30
Print Post

Re: Virgin cancelling contract

[re: martinooos] [link to this post]

They may have recorded the conversation.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User martinooos
(newbie) Sat 26-Jul-14 15:27:36
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

That is what i did i called refusing to pay the fee and they said they will listen to the conversation and let me know. Still this sucks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Jul-14 18:43:21
Print Post

Not the 1st time we have heard this. And as we well know, any change is package results in a new contract.
Your only hope is said staff member did not read the script (usually the bit where customers switch off, and never remember hearing)
But when you mentioned moving did you not give the address to make sure it was in a area they cover?

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User martinooos
(newbie) Sat 26-Jul-14 20:36:21
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

No i said that i will be moving to brighton. The guy didnt even flintch to say that there could be a case that the area might not accept virgin so i didnt even think of that....
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Aug-14 11:51:59
Print Post

Contract allows for house move and this is what the CS advised but unprofessionally didn't ask for post code. Also I assume you didn't give one.

So your question "can I transfer my contract to new address?"

Answer "Yes".

All perfectly correct.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User RossMcG
(regular) Mon 04-Aug-14 13:48:30
Print Post

This seems pretty straightforward if they deny that part of the conversation then how can they prove you requested the initial upgrade? You can say that the representative did not fully explain the contract you were entering or the terms and conditions, thus voiding the contract. Fight the power my friend!
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Aug-14 14:04:18
Print Post

Did it get resolved?

Ultimately they did not check the post code of the new location. As a consumer you cannot be expected to know off by heart the areas where virginmedia works and where it does not. Hence when you asked if you could use it at the new address it was their job to check that you could. The customer advisor did not check the individual post code and immediately informed you that you could take the services to a new address. He did not mention anything about it being area specific so you would have naturally assumed it would work wherever you relocated too. When you found out it would not work at the new home you would have been shocked and surely quite annoyed at this blatant mis-advice... This therefore is a case of virginmedia misinforming you, hence you should not take the financial brunt of this.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Aug-14 15:24:41
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Surely the customer has to think logically and not assume that VM is available everywhere?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Aug-14 15:26:35
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Plenty of people with limited knowledge of broadband would assume Virgin is available everywhere.

Definitely my parents and a lot of friends have been shocked when moving house and not being able to get Virgin at the new address.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to