General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mapoo
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 19:27:21
Print Post

Origin Broadband Threatening me!!!

[link to this post]

Joined Origin Broadband for my Broadband and Phone in March 2013 actually signing a contract by hand. Never had any issues. Then Digital Region was closing down and everyone was panicking, So I had 30 days to make my mind up what to do, I looked at many different ISPs and I wanted Sky. Well I got through to someone and they put me through to Oliver, who his very good at trying to get you to say "yes" couldn't get a word in edge way. I explained I wanted Sky and it wouldn't let me go to them because im listed as a business but im not a business, Oliver said yes you are a business customer you get better service next day services with us being a business and its free to you. Strange But I accepted I said yes to 12 month contract for phone and broadband. it was all Verbally done so no signature needed this time. They gave me my live date for the 15th August.

Well on the 14th August my Digital Region Fibre died like hundreds of other people. When it was the 15th BT was coming out to Migrate my service to Origin's ADSL service. and I should receive a Router from Origin on the Friday 15th I never received one, first thing was I was told it would be a £9.99 postage to get the Modem. But the next time I was told its Free postage. Well i didn't pay nothing for the modem. The Modem still never came. So I then found another modem and phoned origin to help me out it wouldn't connect. I said where it the other Modem, they said the modem was posted. Again that night I called Origin and explained about my Modem not coming, they said oh we decided not to post it because we knew you wouldn't be connected? so we didn't post it at the post office. I will get someone to bring it you around 2pm on Saturday hand deliver. The Modem never came! then it eventually came at 6pm. They said do not touch it until half hour later and someone will contact you. All the time my Router has showed RED! I didn't get a phone call. so everyday I have been contacting all the time. Getting told its faulty Tie Pairs and BT will come out on Tuesday 19th to fix these a friend round corner was also getting activated this day. I never got connected still. Getting told theres something on line a problem.. is this Origin or BT? I was told sorry im not allowed to say. Then im getting told you wont be online until your live date in September. Then im saying i should be online. Everyone saying different things. Lying like.

well time still going on it was 10th day No Internet service. I rely on my internet and no Phone calls from Origin. I was still calling them No answer and was on the phone for 1:44:33 and the phone cut off. Still nothing! same repeating rubbish music for all that time. sometimes only one tech was there. Then I thought Ive had enough i'm going to phone and speak to someone higher and it was a woman so I asked her to transfer me to someone higher, It was Oliver again! not a word in edge way. But I told him if this doesn't get sorted im OUT Switching. He said im going to email BT right now and you will hear from us in 48 hours... NOTHING! didn't get any emails or contact. Weekend was coming still not connected. 16 days without any internet or contact from them. I decided im cancelling my Direct Debit. I did speak to Offcom regarding this first. and they said I wouldn't be breaching any contract as I wasn't getting any Service and each company as a Cooling off period. But mine was after the Live date and still no Service so I could still cancel without breaching.

So I Phoned up to Cancel, Will answered and transferred me to Bob I spoke to Bob told him everything, He said "I understand and you have been very patient with us" but we have a problem people seem to have a Tag on the line and it wont allow us to transfer to ADSL because Digital Region is shut down and we cant contact them.

I said well im going to have to pay to get a new line £49.99 its my only way out of here to get a clear line, He said we can do that for you. I said no because Ive waited all this time and there's no guarantee, id sooner just go elsewhere for my service. After all ive waited long enough and Lies from different agent and agents who don't have a freaking clue! Well he said that's understandable, I then said I wont get any come backs will I, He said no I will make sure you don't!

Well ive been at work and had a phone call, Mum answered saying im breaching my contract and I need to Pay money! I owe them money. Well I have had NO SERVICE for 16 days and there's still no service as I type this. If any one owes money its them who owe it me for inconvenience.

Saying Legal Action can be taken!

Well I haven't had no Service for 16 days and more now! Customer Support is utter terrible! According to OFFCOM I can go to who I want providing I don't have a Service and I don't have a internet service! the Digital Region Contract is now DEAD! they are closed, this is a New contract verbally accepted. But 15th August was my LIVE DATE! im still not activated. and a family member works in BT and has checked, I have NO INTERNET on my Line at all its Empty...

What happened to BUSINESS CUSTOMER - Next Day Services Origin (Oliver)? hmmmm

Now im getting this from Origin Broadband. I will be contacting the OFFCOM again and the local newspaper "THE STAR" and OMBUDSMAN.

There's lots of people out there who are having trouble with Origin!

The way these people TREAT YOU!!! is Unfair, Origin wont last long if they carry on like this.

I AM IN MY RIGHTS TO CANCEL MY SERVICE WITH ORIGIN

ORIGIN BREACHED THERE CONTRACT - By not giving me any on the LIVE DATE!

I'm going to contact MEDIA and local RADIO.

/b]
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Sep-14 19:37:51
Print Post

Re: Origin Broadband Threatening me!!!

[re: Mapoo] [link to this post]

So long as you have given them a reasonable opportunity to correct any faults and connect you, then you should have no problem calling it a day and moving on to a new provider.

Going full LLU i.e. Sky or TalkTalk is the safest option as with full LLU the order system overrides the tags that may or may not be present.

Make sure you take some legal advice and your course and keep copies of correspondence. You are not the only one affected and Origin waiting to move customers till the day after the existing service closed down was asked for trouble in my opinion.

It is feasible there are real tag issues or wiring issues with the line, but an ISP can override the tags, all depends on whether Origin is in direct contact with BT Wholesale/Openreach or going via a 3rd party. The way things are panning out I'd suggest a third party, but they have been very coy over 'their new network'.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Mapoo
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 19:49:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Kept telling me to wait, and things will be fixed and I hardly got phone calls it was me doing the chasing 16 days and no service and constant lying all the time to me.

Sky couldnt take me they said, Origin are not allowing us to take the number, then they said we will do a New line for you, and that was rejecting too and they needed a MAC CODE and Origin wouldnt provide me with a MAC CODE, as the old one had expired and couldnt get another one!

Offcom told me that the contract starts when the service starts. If I chose to stay with Origin its Origin who have to get this problem fixed. Or if I go elsewhere Sky or whoever its them who have to get it fixed. But Offcom said I can leave without payment! as im not officially in the contract yet due to service not staying, but according to Origin! I am

/b]

Edited by Mapoo (Tue 02-Sep-14 19:52:30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Sep-14 21:00:07
Print Post

[re: Mapoo] [link to this post]

Number porting can be a side issue.

If doing a new line provision then a MAC is NOT needed, so Sky are doing something wrong. A new line by definition cannot have an existing service on it as its a new line in addition to the line you already have at the property.

Who at Ofcom said you can leave without payment? While it is likely you can cite unreasonable time to resolve issue on a broken service, you are effectively in dispute and may take a dispute resolution service to resolve that. Yes you probably should not have to pay anything, but it is a dispute.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to