General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dilbert2k
(newbie) Tue 14-Oct-14 21:49:50
Print Post

Zen - New Build Service Provision - BEWARE!

[link to this post]

I am buying a house 50 feet from a FTTC enabled cabinet; there are houses with FTTC service all around my new property, and I know the property is served by the cabinet,

Zen state however that they cannot provide a FTTC service to me. I can accept that given the fact that its a new build that the issue is likely to be down to incorrect data in the BT OpenReach database.

What I find hard to accept, is that Zen are seemingly unwilling to put an iota of effort into helping me sort this out.

As an end user I cannot talk to OpenReach to resolve the situation, and am therefore reliant on a Service Provider to do this on my behalf. Zen have refused.

I am a previously happy customer of Zen, but will now find it all but impossible to recommend them to anyone ever again.

From a 5 star service to zero stars.

Sadly,

D2K.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Oct-14 23:11:45
Print Post

Re: Zen - New Build Service Provision - BEWARE!

[re: dilbert2k] [link to this post]

This type of thing with Zen I'm afraid we hear of once or twice a year. With their reputation that is too much.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User jonathanjo
(newbie) Mon 26-Jan-15 13:08:01
Print Post

Re: Zen - New Build Service Provision - BEWARE!

[re: dilbert2k] [link to this post]

Hi Dilbert

Sorry to hear your story: mine was very similar, and the only thing I can suggest is complaining up the tree at Zen, where eventually you'll find someone to help.

My situation was extremely similar: mistakes in the Openreach Database were just ignored and initially BT flatly refused to do anything about it. The happy ending to my story is here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4342314-re-...

Kind regards and best of luck.

Jonathan.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to