General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nathant1985
(newbie) Thu 16-Oct-14 13:47:27
Print Post

6th time lucky?

[link to this post]

The last 3 weeks have been hell without any connection at all. I signed up with Sky Fibre Unlimited in our new home. I signed up on the 4/09/14 and it said it would be active on the 29/9/14. I rang asking why it would take so long and was told there was an issue at the cabinet that BT needed to sort. So i thought fair enough and waited till the 29th. No connection, rang sky and they hadn't a clue why and gave me a new activation date. Again no connection. Rang Sky, they had no idea what was going on, they said they would ring open reach and call me back. After no callback i rang them, they said BT had an issue at the cabinet and that they have sorted it. Was given a new activation date.... (you can guess this by now, no connection!).

Rang Sky again and was told there was a routing issue, this was then sorted and they gave me a new activation date. Again no connection, rang Sky and they said they would get back to me after ringing open reach again - no call back.

Rang Sky and now apparently there is a capacity issue in the cabinet, was given a new activation date. No connection again. Rang Sky once more and now the is a port issue in the cabinet. That was yesterday, i've just rang them now and they say we should be active tomorrow.

Here's hoping!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is it possible i've just had every single problem that could occur with just 1 fibre connection. Who should i complain too? open reach or Sky?

Edited by nathant1985 (Thu 16-Oct-14 13:56:13)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Oct-14 14:08:10
Print Post

Re: 6th time lucky?

[re: nathant1985] [link to this post]

Sky! You have no contract with OR.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Oct-14 14:11:56
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Also what does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for the full address?

Likely that it has been a capacity issue all along as they take a few weeks to clear and should be visible to the providers, assuming they share that information around their call centre staff.

Even where there are no issues order times of 2 to 3 weeks are not uncommon, given how busy Openreach is with roll-outs and orders and the usual fault work.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Thu 16-Oct-14 14:24:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We've had the phone line taken over too and that website doesn't recognise it. If it was a capacity issue all along why wouldn't Sky just say so?

We are one of the biggest villages in Europe so i think we have a lot of take up of fibre, still i would imagine BT would plan for that.
https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMSTTEL

Edited by nathant1985 (Thu 16-Oct-14 14:28:16)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Oct-14 14:39:55
Print Post

Correct if its a Sky service the phone number is NOT recognised since it is now full LLU and BT Wholesale know nothing about its location, hence why I suggested using the full address which will still work.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Thu 16-Oct-14 20:25:37
Print Post

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 69.5 52.3 20 15 -- 05-Nov-14
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 60.4 35 20 10.1 -- 05-Nov-14

I seriously hope that doesn't mean we can't have an active fibre connection until the 5th of Nov

Edited by nathant1985 (Thu 16-Oct-14 20:29:39)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Oct-14 20:31:24
Print Post

That looks to be the case

(newbie) Thu 16-Oct-14 20:34:28
Print Post

So if i can find that info out, why the hell can't sky!! GRRRR
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Oct-14 20:37:30
Print Post

I am sure Sky know, just not being passed onto the people who deal with customers day to day

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 17-Oct-14 00:34:57
Print Post

You could ask them to put you on their LLU ADSL2+ so at least you have broadband, with an upgrade when FTTC is available? Though starting from now that would probably screw things up. It needed them to suggest it at day 1.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to