General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 25-Nov-14 17:49:07
Print Post

Post Office Broadband. Don't Bother!!!!!

[link to this post]

Well after 3 months we still dont have a properly working phone line or broadband. It appears "Capita" run their CS side of things and they are absolutley impossible to deal with.

Firstly you WILL wait to get through to them, when you do the staff are rude, arrogant and unhelpful sticking word to word to their script. They will not read old notes, they cut you off, they insist on doing a ping test (number 17 now!!!!) to prove there is no fault on a voice line. They wont call out engineers, they argue with you and tell you it must be your fault. We've tried 3 different routers, 4 different filters, two different phones, the last Open Reach engineer fitted a filter plate, we have no extentions or additional wiring, yet apparently we need to go out and buy another (that would be our second new) phone, because the fault is our equipment.

Their retentions department only work core hours and wont call you back or pass messages onto managers. (3 times been promised). They can hear us but we can barely hear any callers at all due to crackling, yet there is nothing they can do.

We have now called them somewhere between 25 and 30 times (lost count now). They were willing to give me a mac code due to poor internet but refused to tell me if they would charge me for ending the contract (it takes them 6 - 8 weeks to make that decision). If we cancel the voice line (which is where the actual fault lies) they will charge us extra even though we've paid a year in advance.

My wife called instead of me today, and the man said he would read our notes. Kept her waiting for ages then she realised she had been cut off. (again);

Absolutely abysmal.

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Nov-14 20:15:01
Print Post

Re: Post Office Broadband. Don't Bother!!!!!

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

Capita deal with our IT at work. Waste of time
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Tue 25-Nov-14 23:09:17
Print Post

Try emailing support@pobroadband.co.uk and make it for the attention of Matthew Lamming. After some forward and backwards and strong exchange of words we have resolved all my issues and been compensated (well waiting for it to hit my account) for 3 months of my contract plus £20 good will gesture.

If you're looking to leave at least he may be able to tell you whether they'll charge or may have the power to let you go without charge.

I agree with everything you say about their telephone support though end so does Matthew!

Post Office ADSL 4mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Nov-14 08:35:28
Print Post

Borrow a known good telephone handset from a neighbour, or test your handset(s) on a neighbours line.

Does the crackling occur when the phone is plugged direct in to the test socket inside the master socket without a filter?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
  Print Thread

Jump to