General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thinkit
(newbie) Tue 02-Dec-14 09:09:51
Print Post

Coms speed, etc.

[link to this post]

Hi
Since I had problems with speed for a long time - including the time of the move from ADSL24 to Coms Plc, while I kept telling them to check the line as it was faulty, after a month or so and after many of my emails were ignored - including phone calls we were told - we will call you back in 10 minutes and then after 30 minutes we called back only to be told the guy went home... I now have the sporadic speed-down at almost exactly 13:30H.

It does not happen everyday and mostly is Mondays and Tuesdays up to 15:30H, but mostly up to 14:30H.

They kept telling me all is fine their side it must be me.

I have checked everything and I also have a NEW modem, filter, BT line + socket, 5m ADSL r11 cable to modem not reaching the maximum REN,and so on.

I also tried to exclude Network Hubs but nothing changed.

At a certain point they abandon you and as you if you wish to have a visit from BT 'scaring you with their possible charges if all is fine this side!

Now I reply to their questions via ticket system and and email - it seem they cannot read attachment from their own tocket system or so I was told.

Anyway, since I repliead and soon after the BT charges thing [!] I keep getting the same reply:

... Thank you for your recent communication to our Customer Support Teams. In order
to progress this matter we need further information from you and would greatly
appreciate you getting in contact with us.

Please reply to this email with all the information we require ...

I keep asking WHAT EXACTLY they want from me and I keep getting the above sentece!

Any idea what is going on?

Anyone had similar problems?

At the moment all seems fine [ since the Downtime of at least 5 hours the other day].

;p]

or maybe

p;[
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 02-Dec-14 14:41:10
Print Post

Re: Coms speed, etc.

[re: thinkit] [link to this post]

"5m ADSL r11 cable to modem"

This seems rather long.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Dec-14 14:56:52
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

If its twisted pair then of no real concern.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User thinkit
(newbie) Tue 02-Dec-14 15:54:19
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I always had it a 5m long [it is not really that long, 5m] since ADSL24 and never had a problem.
But I am going to change place and move it near BT main socket as I can also see the LEDs better.

Trying to find time to do it, as I need to move a few Network Cables too, so it will take sometime to do it.

;p]

PST I do not dislike COMs really, it is just the way they deal with queries and the fact they never wrong! Unless it is obvious!
Standard User thinkit
(newbie) Wed 03-Dec-14 16:57:49
Print Post

I have decided to move away from Coms.

I never had a tranquil week, really and I do not like the way the handle Customer Queries.

So, I emailed Dan and Paul from COMs a few minutes ago as one of them expressively stated I could leave anytime if the service was not of my expectations without any delay or extra charge.

So, I am now waiting for their reply with 'exact' dates I can leave / i.e. when new provider can start transfer.

Not decided yet whom with, but there are a few choices out there and will depend on what we need and the costs involved.

There you go.

;p]

PST reason why I emailed them, is because they are generally 2 efficient people at Coms and when I opened a ticket, I have not received an email from the ticket system yet after about 30 minutes! I do not know what is going on.

Either someone is filtering new tickets or they have a HUGE queue - strange!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Dec-14 17:13:58
Print Post

If you mean PaulComs who posted here for a few weeks after the takeover, he left Coms ages ago. I think he was a fairy new recruit at the time, so I expect he realised what a shower they are.

My suspicion is they aren't bothered about the ADSL24 domestic user base, only the real business ones.

Edit - his last post here was 31 March, so I doubt if the coms.com email address goes to him any more.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 03-Dec-14 17:16:08)

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Dec-14 19:03:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

My suspicion is they aren't bothered about the ADSL24 domestic user base, only the real business ones

I agree, but seeing as most of adsl24 customers were home users, and Coms paid what they did for the company partly based on the userbase, seems silly why they clearly dont mind upsetting them and them wanting to leave
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Dec-14 19:07:12
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

seeing as most of adsl24 customers were home users
Are you sure? I wasn't aware James published his customer figures.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Dec-14 19:16:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well no, im only going on the amount of people that were **** and left as a result of the traffic management/usenet/p2p throttling being in place. Was a large amount going on this forum and a few others ive seen. Doubt office users would care about usenet/p2p, that will be the home users
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Dec-14 19:25:33
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

50-100 posters? Probably duplicated in other forums?

Then there's a few who remain, for some strange reason. Recently its

1: three days of complaining, then wowwwww, it's OK again.

Two days later ... goto 1: tongue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to