General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fourtytwo1
(newbie) Thu 04-Dec-14 14:07:47
Print Post

Re: Plusnet, Beware poor support!!

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

ok your right smile
Standard User fourtytwo1
(newbie) Thu 04-Dec-14 14:12:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well imop the G.Lite and T.413 are just there so if it meets a DSLAM offering those instead of ADSL2 it will use them, in this case the fact that the are enabled is immaterial.
As for Annex L it's actually there for longer lines BUT it seems to be being ignored anyway as the downlink is using tones beyond the supposed 560Khz cutoff anyway at the moment top tone is 725Khz so I think Annex L is being ignored.
Thanks for looking, I wont change anything for now anyway coz I am being watched by big brother (DLM) and most changes cause a router restart!!

After some further reading elsewhere it seems BT do not support annex L at this time due to worries about increased xtalk from increased lf power. Meanwhile I also suspect the DSLAM is also ignoring my request to operate at ADSL2 only, nothing says it has to obay router configuration requests that after all is all these configuration options are!!

Thank god it's not running Annex M, rumour has it this only happens if you are on a business line smile

Edited by fourtytwo1 (Thu 04-Dec-14 14:28:08)

Standard User fourtytwo1
(newbie) Thu 04-Dec-14 19:27:32
Print Post

[re: fourtytwo1] [link to this post]

THE GODS ARE SMILING ON ME TONIGHT!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP smile:)smile

Suddenly coming back from watching TV I find that 25 minutes ago my uplink has been restored to 923kbps and my downink boosted further to 3827kbps as a result of the target snr being reduced to 6dB, also the interleaving has completely dissapeared....hoooray!!
Thats 3 years of trying to be nice followed by a week of pestering and asking for my MAC code!!

Well done Plusnet!! if this continues for a week I will take up there offer and renew my contract smile
hopefully happy xmas all round!!

Thank you all again smile

P.S. my new stats are :
Stats recorded 04 Dec 2014 19:25:48

DSLAM/MSAN type: IFTN:0x827a / v0x827a
Modem/router firmware: AnnexA version - A2pB025c1.d21j2
DSL mode: ADSL2+
Uptime: 42 min 49 sec
Resyncs: 0 (since 04 Dec 2014 19:03:46)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB): 52.5 30.4
Signal attenuation (dB): Not monitored
Connection speed (kbps): 3827 923
SNR margin (dB): 6.9 5.9
Power (dBm): 0.0 12.8
Interleave depth: 1 1
INP: 0 0

RSCorr/RS (%): N/A N/A
RSUnCorr/RS (%): N/A N/A
ES/hour: 13.9 0

Edited by fourtytwo1 (Thu 04-Dec-14 19:28:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fourtytwo1
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 16:08:36
Print Post

Yup still working beautifully at 3.8Mbps/780Kbps so as promised renewed with Plusnet for another 12 months on very good terms smile

Just have to get you guy's attention sometimes!! Thanks for the fix smile
Standard User NotSoNaff
(newbie) Sat 20-Dec-14 14:32:42
Print Post

Re: Plusnet, Beware VERY poor support!!

My Phone Line died on 16th December 2014 whilst the Internet Connection carried on regardless.
Reported the problem on 17th and a couple of days later learned 'Your "question" is on hold until the 22nd'!!! Worse still it is likely to be resolved on 24th!!!
Plusnet used to have a system of answering problems via their Forum, but this proved to be run by 'headless chicken' mimics who cherry picked problems that they could just about deal with. They certainly failed to resolve my problems and in the end my communications were totally ignored. I will not go back there and do not know if Forum resolutions still take place.
There are not many ISPs working with the local Exchange so seemingly not much choice. Thinks, devil or deep blue.......
My ADSL2 has gradually got slower and slower, oh for minus levels in the ThinkBroadband Rating Section. Conceivably this could be related to Plusnet's strong desire to flog FTTC?
I guess it is time to walk, not sure where at present, but it will be away from Plusnet.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 20-Dec-14 18:36:32
Print Post

[re: NotSoNaff] [link to this post]

When you say the phone line has died, do you mean completely? No dial tone, no incoming?

If so, has the broadband slowed dramatically, such as from 3Mbps to 300kbps?

That combination of events occurs when one wire of the pair has become disconnected somewhere between the master socket and the exchange. Or even at the exchange.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 20-Dec-14 18:36:55)

Standard User NotSoNaff
(newbie) Sat 20-Dec-14 23:03:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Nil Dial Tone, using Corded Handset, within the Master Socket, or anywhere else.
Unable to make or receive calls.
Modem reports 'No Telephone Enabled' but even if there was a way to 'enable' it would not work without the dial tone.
All Handsets, after dialling or hitting a phone book number, report 'Resources Unavailable'.
Handsets and combo DECT Base Modem Router interact like there are nil other problems, they can be Registered-Deregistered, Communicate with each other, etc.

Broadband running at its usual speed and not throwing up any other problems.

Edited by NotSoNaff (Sat 20-Dec-14 23:07:52)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Dec-14 23:12:03
Print Post

Naked Broadband Lol - I would cancel line rental and stick to VOIP.

Pulse8 Home Line Rental - Pulse8 XL Plus broadband.
http://www.pulse8broadband.co.uk/

Edited by professor973 (Sat 20-Dec-14 23:13:22)

Standard User NotSoNaff
(newbie) Sat 20-Dec-14 23:16:06
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Just happy that it continues to work and hope it does not catch a cold or flu in that state of dress wink.

Please educate me on how to have Broadband without the Phone Line.

Edited by NotSoNaff (Sat 20-Dec-14 23:18:35)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Dec-14 23:21:21
Print Post

Naked Broadband without line rental, is something that can easily be supplied, but suppliers prefer to keep charging line rental, even for those that don't need it. It would seem that be some error or fault, that is what you have.

Pulse8 Home Line Rental - Pulse8 XL Plus broadband.
http://www.pulse8broadband.co.uk/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to