General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rayatkin
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-15 09:02:30
Print Post

Plusnet in meltdown

[link to this post]

Another example of PlusNet in meltdown. I was running fairly happily on gateway AG02 until 08:06 this morning. At that point I lost connection and came back up on gateway BNG01. The difference in connection to the web and response to pings is incredible. At the time I was running routers stats lite and also ping plotter. I have the graph form ping plotter around the time of the change and also have the log from router stats but don't know how to attach the files to this post
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Apr-15 09:44:39
Print Post

Re: Plusnet in meltdown

[re: rayatkin] [link to this post]

It might be a good idea to post your experience in this existing thread in the Plusnet forums as they would be very interested in your graph - the other posters that is
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1353...
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Apr-15 10:26:52
Print Post

You can use a free image file hosting site e.g. http://postimage.org/

of course there are other sites offering this service:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=free+file+hosting&...

plusnet user

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rayatkin
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-15 10:56:05
Print Post

link to pingpltter image

http://s23.postimg.org/r2nd1ava3/IMG_20150408_0001.jpg
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 08-Apr-15 12:55:20
Print Post

That looks like a line (edit - or equipment) fault to me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 08-Apr-15 12:57:33)

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 08-Apr-15 12:57:46
Print Post

Sorry to sound so blunt, but a single disconnection without knowing what caused it isn't a 'meltdown'. I think either yourself or someone else has reported very similar over on our Community Forum and we're looking into it.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Wed 08-Apr-15 13:36:18
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

I'm sorry to sound blunt Chris, but call it whatever we want there is still an issue that needs to be addressed here and the fact that it is now spilling over into other gateways is a very big issues for all customers...

I've now had to stop playing shooter games on my computers because at the sociable times when my gaming peers are online I cannot play due to ping spikes and what ever other issues there is on the networks.

I would probably say no more connections should be added to your network until the issues is CONFIRMED fixed...

laugh haha that last sentence made me smile... silly me asking a company to stop making money.. hehe!

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 08-Apr-15 13:50:26
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I understand that some people are seeing issues during peak times with speeds, but to automatically make the assumption that a disconnection is caused by a certain symptom others are seeing does not make things easy to investigate or find out what's happening.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Wed 08-Apr-15 14:03:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
but to automatically make the assumption that a disconnection is caused by a certain symptom others are seeing does not make things easy to investigate or find out what's happening.

Thats true... I think its best to understand that many customers including myself are very anxious currently as were getting very little information and are seeing alot of input on this forum and the your homes too and getting little to nothing back...

I'm now worried after my near 7 day connection uptime on ptw-ag03 was brilliant until around 8pm yesterday where it became unstable, as you will see in BQM's linked in my signature...

I will monitor this tonight but seeing as I was seeing bad issues with gateways at City Lifeline and now it has spread to telehouse west I feel there is no escaping it for much longer.

Maybe its time to recruit some end users to a private thread to submit evidence and also do some troubleshooting without the public interruptions from potential line faults.. ect...

Currently I need some guarantee from Plusnet that if the issues continue for a prolonged time that I will be given a get out of contract free card, I'm willing to work with Plusnet to help resolve these issues and will stick around for a while but if I don't see any improvement then I'll be requesting my MAC.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 08-Apr-15 14:09:23
Print Post

Chris, I think that you have mis-understood the concern. I do not think that it relates to the disconnection but to the difference in the user experience between the 2 different gateways. Disconnection happen, but once reconnected the users expect their experience to be unchanged. That appears not to be happening at the moment with some gateways.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to