General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gbrunsdon
(newbie) Sat 09-May-15 14:53:17
Print Post

Early Termination Charge after 2 weeks with Zen!!!!

[link to this post]

I wondered if anyone can offer us advice please.
Two weeks ago we moved our broadband fibre service from Plusnet to Zen. We left our phone service with Plusnet as we'd paid them a year in advance. (With 3 months left to run..)

Then, last Tuesday we get an email from Zen to say that as our phone line has ceased, our Broadband has also been stopped.

So, after various phone calls to Zen and Plusnet, it turns out that Plusnet donít offer a phone only service, so after moving our broadband over, they then cut our line!!!

So, we are now left with an invoice from Zen for a years Broadband (Contract Early Termination Charge, 390.58) Ė and no Broadband service or phone line!!!!!!

We've tried talking to Plusnet and Zen, and are being offered nothing whatsoever!!
This is particularly infuriating as my 2 daughters are in the middle of their exam revision.

So Ė any advice to try and sort out this mess would be extremely appreciated...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-May-15 17:11:01
Print Post

Re: Early Termination Charge after 2 weeks with Zen!!!!

[re: gbrunsdon] [link to this post]

In view of need to be back online, see if Zen will allow you to order phone and broadband combined service, and carry on with the dispute over the charges. If not then its find a new provider for phone and broadband and fight the charges.

As for whose fault, lawyers would have a field day, but if PlusNet did not send out any notification or warning that the PSTN line was going to be ceased, and thus give you opportunity to resolve before the cut off then leaning towards them taking the brunt.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alext05
(committed) Sat 09-May-15 17:14:29
Print Post

Wow! This is really terrible situation are there are some obvious questions as to whether you were given a proper advice by either provider with regards to what is possible and what is not.

I guess Plusnet should have spotted this and alerted you, as this is very unusual situation and the one I would have found myself too if moved my line while keeping my prepaid line rental with Plusnet.

My advice would be to raise the issue at Plusnet's own forums at http://community.plus.net/forum/ as they appear to monitor them better and help quicker. The community there is very helpful too. Search the forums beforehand as someone might have the same problem before.

Really feel for you as my son is revising too and internet access is a must. All the best with sorting this quickly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 09-May-15 17:17:37
Print Post

It won't help now, but I believe Plusnet do allow you to keep the phone part of a bundle when migrating the broadband away. It is only joining on phone-only that isn't possible.

How this happened could be down to a misunderstanding. Did you have any communication with Plusnet before leaving other than to request your MAC?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-May-15 18:09:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Two weeks ago we moved our broadband fibre service from Plusnet to Zen. We left our phone service with Plusnet as we'd paid them a year in advance. (With 3 months left to run..)

Then, last Tuesday we get an email from Zen to say that as our phone line has ceased, our Broadband has also been stopped.

So, after various phone calls to Zen and Plusnet, it turns out that Plusnet donít offer a phone only service, so after moving our broadband over, they then cut our line!!!

From the OP's post over on the Plusnet forums

And plusnet forum other thread Suggests that the op's account should of simply reverted to a "residential service" account (Phone only) but they would appear to of ceased the line in error, even though they had already been paid up front for the line rental, resulting in Zen wanting the remaining 11mths subs, If this turns out to be plusnet's fault (which it does appear to be) then they should reinstate the line and the same number if possible and pay associated costs, if Zen wont re start the FTTC service /contract, then who is going to pay Zen ? If it's not the OP's fault , maybe a case for CISAS ,or Small claims court to decide , if plusnet try to duck out of their responsibilities and continue to fob off the OP

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 09-May-15 18:19:09)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-May-15 18:22:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I thought moving BB and/or comms was supposed to be getting easier for the general public? tongue

plusnet user
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-May-15 11:17:51
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

My son is also revising but he is using his books.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User alext05
(committed) Sun 10-May-15 11:52:56
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

But ... but... what about using Skype to revise with the friends, gaming to relieve the stress or checking all that important facebook updates? wink
Standard User gbrunsdon
(newbie) Sun 10-May-15 13:09:37
Print Post

Thanks everyone - I feel much happier now and empowered to take both Plusnet and Zen on this week - hope it doesnt happen to anyone else - it just takes so much time to sort out,,,, Grrrrrr!!!
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-May-15 12:18:42
Print Post

He revised on Saturday morning for a couple of hours then spent 5 hours playing cricket. Same on Sunday.

No wonder the youth of today are obese. We as parents need to get our children off computers and playing sport.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to