General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User markieb
(newbie) Thu 14-May-15 10:29:45
Print Post

BTOR are a lying joke

[link to this post]

Been waiting for BTOR to attend a call-out since Monday AM to repair a faulty pstn line that's affecting broadband as well.
When a handset is plugged into the master socket it starts to ring with a solid tone immediately. The line is completely unusable.
OR keep lying saying they have been on site and confirmed the fault has been fixed to the end user, even though they have never been onsite and the line is still down and completely unusable.
I have been sitting at my clients premises from 8am to 5pm since Monday morning so I know for a fact OR are lying.

Having a hard time figuring out what game OR are playing.

For the record the pstn line & BB provider is Entanet.

I've insisted to Entanet that this be taken further with a formal inquiry into why OR have been lying and playing games with us.

Anyone have any suggestions because this is now beyond a joke.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-May-15 11:42:40
Print Post

Re: BTOR are a lying joke

[re: markieb] [link to this post]

Personally, rather than calling BTOR liars, I'd start by getting Entanet to confirm the actual address attended by BT. It's quite possible that Entanet reported the wrong number to BT or that BT, having the correct number, attended the wrong premises. It's in no-ones interest, including that of BTOR, for Openreach to report they have visited the premises when they clearly haven't so I feel you need them to confirm where they visited.
Standard User markieb
(newbie) Thu 14-May-15 13:28:42
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

They did NOT visit the end user premises until today. They had the correct address and my mobile number which they never used. They just ran a line diagnostic at the exchange which said there was no fault so that's as far as they went.

An OR engineer finally visited the end user site today and confirmed that nobody had visited the site previously as diagnostics said no fault found.
When plugging his equipment in at the end user site he quickly realised there was indeed a fault.
He spent an hour at the exchange and replaced equipment.
Fault now rectified.
OR clearly did NOT follow proper procedures the first 3 days.
Even the OR notes on the system were vague and incomplete for the previous exchange visits. As confirmed by Entanet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Icaras
(member) Thu 14-May-15 13:48:18
Print Post

How do you know procedures though?

If there's no appointment made by Entanet then OR are quite within their rights to clear the fault remotely. In fact many, many faults are fixed without visiting the home. That doesn't mean they don't do anything, but it means the fault is cleared somewhere else in the network by an engineer.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-May-15 14:01:01
Print Post

I've found in my rural location that BT OR usually appear within 4-7 days to fix a phone line fault, I guess it depends on how busy they are.

plusnet user
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-May-15 14:15:06
Print Post

Having a hard time figuring out what game OR are playing.

You'll continue to struggle if you treat companies (especially large national companies) as if they are a single individual and keep making things personal. BTor employ thousands of people and your unfortunate experience is likely just the result of actions by one person.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Thu 14-May-15 14:38:40
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

easy to blame the operator even when the service provdier is at fault
Standard User partial
(committed) Thu 14-May-15 18:10:41
Print Post

Re: BTOR are a lying joke *DELETED*

Surprising. Bell constantly ringing is usually an internal wiring or equipment fault. Short between terminal 2 and 3.

Edited by partial (Thu 14-May-15 18:12:53)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-May-15 18:27:34
Print Post

So it would seem that the line was testing OK via remote test, this would be par for the course for a BR (bell ringing) fault which was due to a faulty LIC in the exchange.

I think if you are still looking to apportion the blame, then you need to ask Entanet what fault that actually raised with Openreach on the first occasion.

The visit you did receive is most likely to have been a CDTA task (conscious decision to appoint) in which the line tests OK and the service provider accepts that charges will be raised by Openreach if there is no fault found.

The initial fault where no one attended was probably cleared off after a remote test showed no fault.

Standard User drummerjohn
(member) Thu 14-May-15 18:42:12
Print Post

I place dozens of orders every year for the business I am in. I keep record of all failures.

Last year BT Openreach failed on 50% of the orders.

This year so far 62% failure rate.

Failures include: Not meeting their own expected date, not the correct quantity of lines installed against what was ordered, sometimes half the lines installed having faults from the outset, no sockets presented etc etc.

I speak to most of the engineers and I have had to train them on things like what a 4 line group consists of (1 line + 3aux group).

They are a joke. No doubt.

Edited by drummerjohn (Thu 14-May-15 18:43:20)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to