General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User telfire
(regular) Tue 02-Jun-15 10:10:30
Print Post

Plusnet

[link to this post]

I tried getting online this morning only to find I had no internet connection, I had a full wifi signal and ethernet tells me I am connected but can't get anywhere. Contacted PlusNet and they said there were no problems so it would take up to 3 days for an engineer to investigate. An hour later I find that 3 other plusnet FTTP customers and 2 BT Internet customers who are friends of mine had the same problem in the Manchester area. So much for PlusNet telling me there was no problem. All of the customers above reported the problem and hey presto the problem was fixed in 30 minutes. So annoying that PlusNet treated me like an idiot.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 02-Jun-15 11:41:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: telfire] [link to this post]

Sorry you feel like we treated you as an idiot, we weren't aware of any specific issues and as there are many people taking calls sometimes it can take a bit of time for common issues to be spotted. I'm glad to see you're up and running now again.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User azrael316
(regular) Tue 02-Jun-15 11:53:18
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: telfire] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by telfire:
2 BT Internet customers

So, not really a Plusnet issue then.

Likely a network outage affect ing numerous people. Which when they happen take time to be discovered, and the PN Tech Staff would only know about it once BT actually advise there is an network incident.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to