General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:02:15
Print Post

SSE broadband customer service wait times!

[link to this post]

Just thought i'd let people know about sse wait times, absolutely terrible, tried to call there tech team last night but was on the phone for an hour and 3 minuets before giving up "there's only so much michael buble one can listen to

Tried again after having a break, but called normal customer service instead. I then was on the phone for another 50 minutes and after the long minuets i got an automated message saying they are closed and gave me the opening times.

Im calling them as i type this and the call timer on my phone has reached 1 hour and 17 minuets! I'm not one to moan about wait times as i understand there probably busy but a collective of 3 hours plus to get through to someone is a long wait to ask a question.

Just thought i'd let people know just incase there planning on switching to sse, maybe give it a month or 2 before you do.

Sorry should have said the live chat on there website didn't work either.

Edited by woodmass14 (Tue 11-Aug-15 12:03:30)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:25:11
Print Post

Re: SSE broadband customer service wait times!

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Know where you are coming from, we are with them for gas and leccy at our Scottish location, but there will be many jump at what they think is their 'free' broadband offer, which turns out to not be very free at all.
Being not too happy with EE, we contacted SSE as existing customers regarding this 'free' broadband offer. The 'Special' quote we got, when their inflated line rental and call package were added, was £22:50 per month, tied to an eighteen month contract. Bearing in mind we pay only £26:00 per month to EE, for unlimited broadband, rental and unlimited calls - AND 1,000 minutes of calls to mobiles.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 11-Aug-15 12:25:48)

Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:32:53
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Yes i just hope it doesn't stick like this. I don't mind a 30 min wait here and there but 3+ hours ain't to good.

I have read there terms and conditions and will get free unlimited broadband for 2 years, can't see anything else in t and cs disputing that, i'll only have to pay the £12.00 for line rental a month. As i understand they can raise line rental but i don't imagine they will and if they do i don't see it being much, also this is 2nd line broadband so want to pay as little as possible.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Aug-15 13:07:42
Print Post

I'm afraid to say I'm not surprised. When giving things away like this something has to give - most of the time it is customer service. TalkTalk went through this, PlusNet are suffering it as we speak.

Not helpful but it is the reality of these sorts of deals.
Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 13:13:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I wasn't surprised either as i knew they would most likely be very busy with this 2 year free broadband deal and dealing with an influx of people wanting to change provider but felt i had to say something just incase some people can't be doing with things like that and to maybe find out when the offer ends and do it last min when the phone lines have calmed a bit.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Aug-15 13:16:20
Print Post

I suspect they will have the same issue for the next 2 years. They still aren't getting income so there will likely be long queues for support and they won't be making the profits to increase their support numbers.
Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 13:24:29
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Wow really? i assumed they would hire more people. they are an energy company after all.

Im sure there profits are just fine lol. Probably not in the broadband and phone sector but the rest they'll be making just about the same as the rest of them. But i guess your right they are a company after all and profit is profit at the end of the day.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Aug-15 13:27:36
Print Post

They might hire more but going by evidence of previous providers doing similar things then they most likely won't. I don't understand why SSE are doing free broadband as a loss leader - I doubt it would get enough new customers for other services to pay back the cost so they will most likely run it on as tight a budget as they can get away with (especially as most people are locked in for the first 18 months anyway).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Aug-15 19:40:03
Print Post

I don't mind a 30 min wait here and there but 3+ hours ain't to good.

Should have gone to Plusnet tongue smile

plusnet user
Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 19:43:37
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Yeah your probably right. Lets see how the broadband is first and i'll give you a definite answer laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to