General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User drummer_boy
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 23:12:45
Print Post

Satellite Internet UK - SES

[link to this post]

Hi, I live in a rural area in the UK and have to use a satellite connection - Satellite Internet UK on the SES Broadband. Has been very reliable for last 18 months with good speeds 10-15 mb.

However the last week has been terrible. Anyone experiencing very low download speeds? I am getting no more than 20 kbps for the last 7 days. Have logged support call but this also seems to have changed with an intermediary taking the call and saying a support person will call back... I am hoping for a call tomorrow (Tuesday).

My allowance is well within limits. The signal for receive and transmit on the modem is fine and the speed experienced is the same regardless of congestion level.

Just wondered if anyone else has been experiencing any similar problems.

I will post updates as received from Satellite Internet UK.

Many thanks....
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-15 22:03:03
Print Post

Re: Satellite Internet UK - SES

[re: drummer_boy] [link to this post]

Hi I promised an update. I was able to speak to a very helpful person at Satellite Internet UK this afternoon. In summary there has been an update to the Astra Satellite about a week ago which seems to have caused no end of problems with users experiencing very slow speeds. A patch was applied yesterday which was meant to resolve the problem. This doesn't seem o have improved things for me so I am continuing to chase a resolution. I must say that the support people are very polite and helpful. Just hope the techie people are able to fix soon as I rely on this for my income!

I would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing the same out there in internet land.

... I will keep posting updates as I receive them .... Hope these are helpful ....
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 18-Aug-15 23:26:39
Print Post

Hmmm.

Is this the company?

If so, scroll to the bottom and you see BeyonDSL.net Ltd. Here's a summary of their accounts at 31 March 2014.
......................................... 2010..............2011..........2012.............2013...........2014
Cash.................................£12,073........£11,406.......£21,915.......£22,974.......£11,335
Net Worth..........................£-124,188.....£-166,632....£-161,957....£-177,793....£-245,943
Total Current Liabilities........£190,394......£273,911......£222,147.....£216,659.....£276,811
Total Current Assets............£65,076.......£106,052......£57,595.......£36,413.......£29,076

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 18-Aug-15 23:29:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 19-Aug-15 21:45:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RobertoS, Many thanks for the info, yes this is the company. I would be grateful if you could provide a commentary on the figures as I am not sure how to interpret these. Are these something I should be concerned about? Apologies for being obtuse....

Update - I have been out of office today so unable to chase SI UK. However last night I contaced SES direct in Luxemburg and they have said they will also help, so I am following that line of enquiry as well ....

As soon as I have anymore info I will post ...
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Aug-15 22:18:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by drummer_boy:
I would be grateful if you could provide a commentary on the figures as I am not sure how to interpret these.
You might want to take a look at the net worth line:

......................................... 2010..............2011..........2012.............2013...........2014
Net Worth..........................£-124,188.....£-166,632....£-161,957....£-177,793....£-245,943

So it's been in the red since at least 2010 and every year it gets worse. It's not a very sustainable business model wink

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Wed 19-Aug-15 22:22:22)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Aug-15 23:37:44
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

And could lead to (at the very least) a reduction in capacity on the satellite.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Aug-15 23:50:44
Print Post

As Andrue says. Also see my reply to him.

I'm not suggesting you move, but as you say you rely on it for your income I do suggest you look at the alternatives, just in case it stops one day with no warning. Then at least you will be able to act quickly.

I can look up any you consider, if you'd like me to check them out in the same way.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 19-Aug-15 23:53:32)

(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 16:53:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thaks Andrue and RobertoS for your help, much appreciated.

SI UK are suggesting this is due to congestion on the Satellite over the summer holidays with the children being on hols. I am not so sure so will continue to monitor this from beginning of Sept.

I have not heard from SES directly yet.

I take on board your comments ... is there any other Satellite Internet providers anyone would recommend which would be worth me considering. I currently am on a 20mb download and 1-2mb upload.

many thanks much appreciated ...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 20-Aug-15 17:39:06
Print Post

Maybe ask in this forum,which is the Satellite one.

Print Thread

Jump to