General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User logicred
(newbie) Fri 04-Sep-15 16:43:12
Print Post

No internet at all so far after signing up with PlusNet

[link to this post]

I had 6mb broadband for years with BT, no prob. Wanted to move to fiber, so went with a Plusnet deal. 12 days ago was switchover day and the engineer visited and changed the faceplate, but a fault was encountered on the line. 7 days ago the fault was rectified by BT and our line is still on copper. I naturally assumed that whilst fixing my line they would simply reroute my connection to fibre while they were there, but that wasnt the case, they just fixed the line and left it.

My fibre Modem is plugged in ready to go, so just waiting for a BT engineer to visit the exchange again at the top of my road, open a box and move wires from the copper bit to the fibre bit.

It's now taken 7 days, countless calls, emails etc and we are still waiting for plusnet to get BT to do this. I still have no date from them. I have had no internet at all since the move (12 days so far) which I am not happy about. Still no idea when things will get fixed. Plusnet never return calls (3 people have said they will return calls and have not).

Is this normal? I don't know what else to do. I am a web designer who works from home occasionally and it's causing me grief ;-(

If I plug my old ADSL router in, I can still sync with ADSL at 6.5mb, but I can't connect with my new Plusnet username/password. I assume this is because Plusnet have something else configured to only allow me to use Fibre perhaps? It would be great if I could use ADSL in the meantime!!!

Thanks for any help!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 04-Sep-15 16:53:22
Print Post

Re: No internet at all so far after signing up with PlusNet

[re: logicred] [link to this post]

Can you connect to your old BT service?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Sep-15 18:48:28
Print Post

[re: logicred] [link to this post]

PlusNet has an odd mechanism where they don't enable your login sometimes until after they've been notified that the line is ready for service, this may not have happened with the fault.

A long shot, but it might be possible that this login might (like less than 1% chance) if PlusNet enable it.

Don't expect it to work as PlusNet should have you configured as coming over the FTTC connection rather than ADSL2+.

This is not a normal state of affairs and irrespective of whose fault it is, good will compensation should come to you from PlusNet

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User oaksys
(newbie) Mon 07-Sep-15 05:42:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If you are able to log on to PN's Community Forum and post details in their Feedback group it often attracts the attention, during weekdays, of useful support staff.
  Print Thread

Jump to