General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MissMoppet
(newbie) Thu 10-Sep-15 14:30:21
Print Post

BT BBand over-usage jumps by 33%

[link to this post]

You may not be aware that till recently if you went over your monthly usage limit you were charged £5 for up to 5Gb. Now cunningly, the charge is £1.50 for each Gb, making an increase of 33%. BT have reluctantly agreed with my figures, so being a cussed so and so I contacted the Wonders of Ofcom. They have told me they regard this as a personal complaint and can do nothing. When I asked what were they for - they said they do not control prices. The Ofcom lady thought they employed 500 people - so what the 'ell do they do all day?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Sep-15 14:39:10
Print Post

Re: BT BBand over-usage jumps by 33%

[re: MissMoppet] [link to this post]

They are there to help stimulate the wholesale market and competition not to force retail price levels. From their perspective BT charging more at retail is a good thing as it encourages other ISPs to compete - if BT were the cheapest then there probably would be no other ISPs. What BT really want is for everyone to be on their unlimited products and for anyone likely to be paying over use charges they would probably find unlimited would be more cost effective.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Sep-15 14:51:03
Print Post

Given the small price differential between usage limited and unlimited, if your usage is growing it may be better to opt for the fixed price of unlimited.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keith969
(learned) Thu 10-Sep-15 15:07:59
Print Post

Heh. I can easily use 5Gb in a day as I work mainly from home. So unlimited was/is the only option.

As for Ofcom, typical useless organisation that sucks in taxpayer's money for their overpaid management team.
  Print Thread

Jump to