General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mart54
(newbie) Fri 27-Nov-15 17:36:02
Print Post

Help - Origin Broadband / Openreach (3 months and waiting)

[link to this post]

Hi wondering if anyone can help with some advice..

I have moved from Virgin cable to Origin Broadband, needing a new duct to the house and wiring in to a new master socket (so there was a couple of weeks delay)

From a combination of issues, like openreach not turning up for the 3rd appointment now and Origin not keeping me up dated and being very slow on following up updates from openreach, it's now taken 3 months from the date of my order and I am still waiting, I now have a working phone line as of last week, but just had the 3rd failed appointment to install the modem with openreach, where I waited in all day and no one turns up.

I have no idea how to get this solved, everything I have tried hasn't worked and it seems like I'm in the hands of the gods now.

I really wish I hadn't moved from Virgin and have thought about going back to them, as I cancelled our internet at the end of September, we have been without a real connection for 2 months.

Any ideas what I can do now?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Nov-15 13:06:17
Print Post

Re: Help - Origin Broadband / Openreach (3 months and waitin

[re: Mart54] [link to this post]

Its either keep on at Origin, or find another phone line based provider or strike a deal with Virgin Media

While Openreach is far from perfect where providers do the job of keeping on top of things and chasing them people do get these sort of issues resolved.

Engineer based installs can take longer to arrange as less of those engineers than the general phone people, so opting for a self install might get things sorted quicker, but all depends on what open orders Origin have,

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 28-Nov-15 13:16:59
Print Post

Re: Help - Origin Broadband / Openreach (3 months and waitin

[re: Mart54] [link to this post]

Is this a fibre BB install & you are awaiting a BT eng to bring round a BT OR fibre modem? Most ISPs nowadays supply a combined VDSL/ADSL+ modem/router which you can connect up yourself once the landline is installed as yours is now. That's where the delay is.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to