General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mrmen
(newbie) Fri 12-Feb-16 01:38:50
Print Post

Plus net how do I get deadlock letter please

[link to this post]

Hi my phone line only is with plusnet
I migrated from previous supplier after bought out by plusnet (BT Group) so never agreed a contract with them.

My nightmare started when phone line went down in December
First engineer failed to arrive after 7 hour wait- his phone off
Second engineer arrives 27th December and finds line to pole failed, swaps pair.
Phone problems continue intermittently, engineer doesn't phone ahead as text states and therefore fails to get information regarding intermittent fault.
Third and fourth engineer arrives and multiple houses in street fail lines, area manager told.
Fifth engineer arrives unscheduled and says service cable to exchange damaged by fibre install and cabinet fault-line working month later.
Engineer arrives today to say still having problems with some lines to exchange.

Reading what a bunch of [censored] plusnet can be,I cancelled direct debit as they wouldn't tell me who had to pay for each call out and it transpires it wasn't anything we had done and open reach know there is exchange wide issues.

We have lost a month of streaming video subscription
Paid non plusnet service provider a months Internet (zen) £21 static ip
Waited in between us 25hours

Plusnet were told send a final bill over phone, comes up they don't know why DD cancelled.
Asked for compensation and repeatedly ignored, asked for ADR deadlock letter and ignored.

Been offered £9 discount and Debt management company appear to have been arranged for less than £10

I'm going to tell debt management company bill is in dispute, but can only go to ADR if I have a deadlock letter code-which Plusnet are refusing to give me.

I find it unbelievable that I'm expected to pay for service that open reach knew has issues, plusnet trying to charge engineers call out till I put them straight and finally the sods are after less than £10 when my loss is far more.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Feb-16 10:45:51
Print Post

Re: Plus net how do I get deadlock letter please

[re: Mrmen] [link to this post]

"so never agreed a contract with them."

If you were informed of the move and decided to carry on using them then you have agreed to their contract.

Why cancel a DD as this is you cancelling the contract (without notice if applicable)?

Were you initially told that there would be a cost, from yourself, for the engineer's visit? If so many engineers have been sent then it should be obvious to all parties that the main connection to the CAB/exchange is damaged or incorrectly connected so no cost to you whatsoever.

Unfortunately this is the issue with TV over the internet. Any numpty can cut through a cable with their JCB and then it depends how long it takes to reconnect.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Feb-16 12:06:35
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Most likely warned that a cost may be incurred if the fault is something on your side of the wiring there will be a visit charge.

As for compensation etc this only ever happens once a fault has been resolved and the period of the non service is known.

Consequential losses like not being able to use streaming video would not be paid, if people want to pursue that or other losses then its small claims and ADR services.

Cancelling the Direct Debit is one of the worst things to do, as providers will often put a hold on accounts if you are not paying.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 14:41:37
Print Post

Have a read of this:- http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/landcomplain

I assume the engineers sent were from BT Openreach who Plusnet have to inform with regard to your phone line fault in order for it to be checked and repaired.
Plusnet have no control on how quickly the fault/s should have been repaired by BTOR although they don't always seem very proactive on keeping there customers up to date if there are delays with fault repairs.

My own experience, living in a very rural location, with BT Openreach engineers the few times I've needed a line fault fixed has always been positive, the only thing I've noticed is that since switching from BT retail to Plusnet for phone+line rental is that they seem to take a day or two longer at turning up to fix the fault, maybe there was a shortage of engineers on those occasions.

plusnet user
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 14:59:21
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

More likley down to how quickly plusnet report the fault to OR and what care level they pay for
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 21:12:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mrmen:
I'm going to tell debt management company bill is in dispute, but can only go to ADR if I have a deadlock letter code-which Plusnet are refusing to give me.

They don't have to give you one though, it just means if they do, you don't have to wait 8 weeks to pass before you can go to the ADR without it.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
  Print Thread

Jump to