General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User olivermoran
(newbie) Sat 30-Jul-16 11:35:08
Print Post

Plusnet crackling

[link to this post]

i was bt infinity for a good few years and phone was included as well. Decided to change to plusnet because of the price etc didn't have any props with BT apart from price. Soon as I change I get bad crackling on the phone line, some days i could not use the phone cos could not hear anyone on it. 3+4 months later and after 4 engineers coming to my house, doing exactly the same tests as the other and after saying nothing more they can do go back to plusnet, i get so fed up and cancel and switch back to BT. ( Didn't have the crackling problem with bt ) Plusnet are trying to charge me £180 to come out of my contact and i don't want to pay as they did not provide a good service to me. They say I didn't give them adequate time to diagnose the problem. THEY HAD 4 SODDING MONTHS!! I And how many engineers do they need to send to one property with one fault? 10? 20? have not got time to keep waiting in for engineers that all say theres nothing they can do go back to plusnet and report again. Out of order.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 30-Jul-16 11:48:56
Print Post

Re: Plusnet crackling

[re: olivermoran] [link to this post]

Are you on ADSLx or FTTC?

Does the phone crackle all the time or just sometimes? Did it start immediately you joined Plusnet?

Do you know what the Master Test Socket is and how to get to it?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57791/14021kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Jul-16 12:18:43
Print Post

When you get your email about the forthcoming price rises you can leave with no penalty

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Jul-16 14:01:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by olivermoran:
i was bt infinity for a good few years and phone was included as well. Decided to change to plusnet because of the price etc didn't have any props with BT apart from price. Soon as I change I get bad crackling on the phone line, some days i could not use the phone cos could not hear anyone on it. 3+4 months later and after 4 engineers coming to my house, doing exactly the same tests as the other and after saying nothing more they can do go back to plusnet, i get so fed up and cancel and switch back to BT. ( Didn't have the crackling problem with bt ) Plusnet are trying to charge me £180 to come out of my contact and i don't want to pay as they did not provide a good service to me. They say I didn't give them adequate time to diagnose the problem. THEY HAD 4 SODDING MONTHS!! I And how many engineers do they need to send to one property with one fault? 10? 20? have not got time to keep waiting in for engineers that all say theres nothing they can do go back to plusnet and report again. Out of order.

4mths is a reasonable time scale for the line to be fixed, but you chose to just leave. without first exhausting their complaints procedure, and possibly their ADR service, As such you have left yourself open to the charges,
Not sure if you could still involve their ADR now that you are no longer a customer of PN, you would have to speak with them and see,

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 30-Jul-16 14:04:28)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 30-Jul-16 16:29:14
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

As I read the OP he has just had the email telling him his cancellation charges. He will still have a few days to cancel the move if he wants to try and solve the problem.

I think it is quite possibly his wiring or equipment. Which is why I've asked him all those questions.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57791/14021kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to