General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User roughbeast
(member) Mon 01-Aug-16 17:09:43
Print Post

VM: Regular drop outs with Super Hub 3 in modem-only mode.

[link to this post]

Three weeks ago I received a Super Hub 3 from Virgin Media. I used its modem-only option so that I could use my Asus N66U router for all my routing needs.

At first there were no problems until I noticed some slow buffering when streaming video from Livedrive. I took a look at TBB's BQM. This showed a clear drop out every 30 minutes. I should point out that there are no problems with the SH3 in router mode. I get a full 317Mb/20Mb with no connection drop outs.

My Broadband Ping

I have rung CS a number of times. Without going into the full story, the upshot of all my conversations is that VM say they are not liable for what happens beyond their kit. I pointed out that I had no trouble with Super Hub 2 and that having a modem-only option indicates that the Super Hub is designed to work with third-party kit. This gained some sympathy but no change of official attitude.

Checking through various forums I see that there has been a problem with Super Hub 3 since as early as February! Why nothing has been done I do not know. A firmware upgrade is on the way we are told, but nobody at VM can say when. Meanwhile I am not getting the service I am paying for.

Has anyone any solutions for this problem? Has anyone similar stories to tell?

Virgin Media: 300Mb/20Mb , land line, mobiles x4, TV - VIP HD box + TIVO 1Tb box. Superhub3 in modem-only mode. Using RT-N66U router.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Aug-16 19:23:06
Print Post

Re: VM: Regular drop outs with Super Hub 3 in modem-only mod

[re: roughbeast] [link to this post]

Try going back to your old hub. If that works you know the one you have is broken. Ask for a new superhub3. if that is the same as the broken one then you know it is a turkey and hence you need to wait for the superhub 4...

IanD
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Aug-16 21:42:48
Print Post

Duplicate thread:

Already given substantial responses

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/4495...

Overall - it is a known issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Aug-16 15:56:15
Print Post

"Meanwhile I am not getting the service I am paying for."

" I should point out that there are no problems with the SH3 in router mode. I get a full 317Mb/20Mb with no connection drop outs."

So you ARE getting the service you are paying for!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
  Print Thread

Jump to