General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User burble
(regular) Wed 02-Nov-16 12:05:58
Print Post

TalkTalk/Tiscali emails

[link to this post]

It appears Talktalk have, or are in process, of wiping out all Tiscali email adresses.
Last night I couldn't log on to my normal Tiscali email address, after an hour on the phone this morning the conclusion is it's an orphan and nothing could be done.
Not happy but such is life, so logged in to 'my account' which uses a newer Tiscali address to change my forwarding of emails as they all go to old account, well I can log in to 'my account' but can't get into that email either, so online chat and i'm told they are wiping out all tiscali email addresses. Realy not happy now as that's all my email contacts with bank, ebay, paypal, taxman etc.
As it appears to have been a predetermined action they could have at least inform me.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-16 13:09:36
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk/Tiscali emails

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Others have intermittent problems e.g. http://www.talktalkmembers.com/t5/Email-Webmail/Unab... so not sure its a total closure rather than a problem accessing the account.

Even if they aren't getting rid of these addresses shifting to a more current account would be advisable since Tiscali has been dead as an ISP for many years now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User burble
(regular) Wed 02-Nov-16 14:32:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

An update after two hours on the phone to TalkTalk
It seems all tiscali email addresses require a password update, BUT, the big problem is many can not access the controls to do this.
I have two Tiscali email addresses, the one I use as my main contact cannot be accessed at all now, for a year now TalkTalk have been promising me that they would get this email on my account so that not only could I read the emails but I could change the password, they have failed.
The second Tiscali email address is also my account contact with TalkTalk, the one they asked me to use for accessing my account, it took a hour just to change the password on this with phone helpline, BUT, it's a waste of time, this email is set up to forward all emails to the one I can't access and there appears to be no way to undo this with the latest talktalk system.
It has been esculated to higher level, as it has on numerous occasions in the last year, I'm not hopeful of getting it sorted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 16:06:29
Print Post

Do you mean you've been able to send and receive, but not log into the account controls?

Or that you haven't been able to either send or receive? I'm confused by you saying in your OP "Realy not happy now as that's all my email contacts with bank, ebay, paypal, taxman etc." and now saying "for a year now TalkTalk have been promising me that they would get this email on my account so that not only could I read the emails but I could change the password, they have failed."

So for a year you have no idea what the bank, eBay, Paypal or HMRC have sent?

I think I would have needed to do something about that rather a long time ago smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Nov-16 17:49:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So for a year you have no idea what the bank, eBay, Paypal or HMRC have sent?

Well the answer to that one is simple..... Login and UPDATE the address details on the accounts..

If they do not allow you to do it online, then simply contact the via phone. ALL 4 have well published phone numbers.

This is one reason to never rely on ISP email address for any secure accounts.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....

Edited by JohnR (Wed 02-Nov-16 17:50:32)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 18:47:56
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Uh?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User burble
(regular) Wed 02-Nov-16 19:19:10
Print Post

This is a problem affecting many with legacy email addresses that TalkTalk have taken on. Not just Tiscali.
Going back to last year, I tried to change password but to do this the email needs to be in 'my account', but the TalkTalk system would not accept then, so although able to carry on using the Tiscali email, was unable to change password, everytime I complained to TalkTalk about my line speed(another story of woe) I would also complain about email, they always promised to sort it but never have.
In the last few weeks TalkTalk have been making changes the result is all legacy email accounts need to update password (found that only after phonig them), for an address in 'my account' this should be possible (although it took an hour to sort mine) but for addresses such as my main one not in 'my account' there is no way to update.
I am now having to work throu my contacts to change address, so take PayPal, it's go to website and add new address, go to email and click on link to verify, then go back to website and make email new primary address, all takes time, and with multiple banks and share dealing companies and lots more it's a complete pita
p.s. I did sort out the mail forwarding problem in the end as well.

Edited by burble (Wed 02-Nov-16 19:26:58)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 19:44:35
Print Post

I stopped using ISP-supplied email addresses many years ago smile. See this page.

Never have to worry now, and if you want to change mail host that's easy, with no loss of address.

Standard User burble
(regular) Wed 02-Nov-16 20:12:01
Print Post

I think that's something i'll seriously consider doing.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 20:26:37
Print Post

The thing is you can set it up and start sending and receiving on the new, but still listen on the old one - never send from it.

That gives you time to spot any you forgot when notifying people of the change, and those that forget.

Never any need to change email address(es) ever again.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to