General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Mon 12-Dec-16 12:42:01
Print Post

Re: Eclipse Internet - Web hosting problem

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
+1
But!
I find their newer Cloud Hosting Control Panel a PITA, having tried it for one domain/website and then accidentally setting it up for someone else as well.

Their previous and still selectable cPanel is far superior for user control and information.

To back for me - like you say Cpanel has all the stuff anyone using hosting should need + all the controls they could want
Standard User caracol_uk
(newbie) Thu 15-Dec-16 08:02:51
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

Thanks for the recommendations, I have now moved my website to TSOHost using their cloud hosting service and all seems fine so far. Eclipse could not give me an ETA for getting the problem fixed, although after I repeatedly contacted them to ask if they could put a temporary manual workaround in place they were willing to do so. It would have caused me to lose all management of the domain, site and email which I wasn't happy with. Instead I decided to switch. I just need to decide if I want to move my email over to them as well. Does anyone have any comments about the reliability of the TSOhost mail service?

Thanks
Simon
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 15-Dec-16 08:28:40
Print Post

[re: caracol_uk] [link to this post]

Tsohost Mail service is a bigger reason to move to them than web hosting smile !!

If yours is using your domain, great. If yours is currently on ISP email addresses, set up your new one(s) on your domain then notify everybody include shopping and other accounts. Then start sending on the new ones, never from the ISP one, but keep listening on the ISP one for any you have missed.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 48998/16294bps frown @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 15-Dec-16 08:32:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 15-Dec-16 11:22:34
Print Post

+1 all the way.

With another Yahoo/BT hack of 1 billion accounts hitting the news today it makes even more sense to have your own domain.

I use TSOhost for personal and Gmail apps for work - both are brilliant.
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Thu 15-Dec-16 13:35:14
Print Post

[re: caracol_uk] [link to this post]

TSOmail, I never experienced any problems but I have switched to an office365 based email, for better email and calendar sync across devices.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 15-Dec-16 14:01:46
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Isn't that rather an expensive solution?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 43998/16174bps frown @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Dec-16 14:27:38
Print Post

Microsoft Outlook email is free.

Office 365 Personal is £60 a year including MS Office for 1 user. Home is £80 a year which includes Office for 5 users. Both paid services also include 1TB of storage per user.

So, depending on what you want it's actually not a bad price.
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Thu 15-Dec-16 14:54:53
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I picked up Office 365 Home for £49.98 from Amazon during their 'Black Friday' sale.

Added it to my current subscription thus extending it by 1 year smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 15-Dec-16 15:25:08
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I'm unclear there which "Outlook" you are referring to. There has never been anything as stupid as giving two different products the same name.

I thought the real Outlook that deals with domains not webmail, as opposed to the renamed Hotmail, was pricey. Or is it included in MS Office single user?

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 43998/16174bps frown @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:04:56
Print Post

NO it's only in the Small Business and above versions. I used to have small business and I could host my domain and e-mail and I got 50GB of space and an Outlook OWA licence.

I then moved to Google as it's half the price and no limit on mail or Storage.

The home or personal versions of Office 365 don't allow for use with a domain. - Or unless it's changed recently.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to