General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:13:49
Print Post

Re: Eclipse Internet - Web hosting problem

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

This one

Outlook.com rather than Outlook client. "Office 365" covers a number of different services and how they are provisioned depends on what type of subscription you have but MS pretty much group all their online services under that banner now.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:14:34
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Didn't see that on black friday - deals were generally not great this year so wasn't really looking in to them too closely. But, that would would have been of interest.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:16:36
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Depends on what you need from a domain. I'm not currently using MS for webmail but I did have a look earlier and the account you create can use any email address as the ID. So, I have my own email address as the account name so anything sent from it comes from that address - so I could forward my email domain to that account and essentially send and receive from my own domain email. Probably good enough for most personal users.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 15-Dec-16 16:23:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Ah okay that's a solution that was not available when I tried the home user package. I was told it was not possible to use an actual domain like you can on the business package. I ran the small business package for 6 months but they wanted £12 a month for it and the office apps as we all know are available for Mac anyway free, and all smartphones and tablets.

Google for work is £6.60 a month and I think still offers the better service. It was not complicated to set it up on MS but it was a dream on Google, mainly because TSOhost have a "1 click and you are set up on google" button smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 15-Dec-16 18:08:13
Print Post

Webmail is completely unsuitable for me smile. And for many.

The main point of hosted email is to use a mail client, mostly with IMAP rather than POP3. Plus SMTP of course.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 43998/16174bps frown @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-16 08:10:11
Print Post

They do provide IMAP, POP3 and SMTP as well. Much the same as Gmail does.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 16-Dec-16 12:31:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
They do provide IMAP, POP3 and SMTP as well. Much the same as Gmail does.

I would say it would be near impossible to sell hosting to Bob that is not from TSO - (and that's not a criticism matey) just that they are cheap and good and so why change?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Dec-16 12:56:31
Print Post

Not trying to sell it to him. Just clarifying what the service actually does. Entirely up to Bob and anyone else what services they use.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 16-Dec-16 13:23:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I would say it would be near impossible to sell hosting to Bob that is not from TSO
[chuckle]
Bob also currently has hosting from two other such providers.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 43998/16174bps frown @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 16-Dec-16 13:43:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I would say it would be near impossible to sell hosting to Bob that is not from TSO
[chuckle]
Bob also currently has hosting from two other such providers.

TSO would be sad to learn this.. tongue

Sorry I didn't know - I thought you would have had everyone on one package with them, but that's probably not good in case of problems.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to