General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fengshui1971
(newbie) Tue 27-Dec-16 05:29:43
Print Post

TalkTalk dont let them mess you around

[link to this post]

I wished to change broadband service providers as TalkTalk could not offer fibre broadband in my area for another three months. Vodafone my new company advised me to use easy switch, and said they would do all the work. Received a bill from TalkTalk yesterday who refused to refund me. Took 3.5 hours of phone calls including several to TalkTalk who called Vodafone"lazy" and told me they were providing me with "wrong information" and they couldn't cancel my account. When i threatened ofcom as i was exhausted by the whole process i was eventually put through to a manager and the uncancellable account was suddenly cancelled. This was not an easy switch, which i believe is a scheme advocated by ofcom. Very disappointed in the fact i was actually lied to by what i thought was a reputable phone company. We are getting fantastic speeds with Vodafone, don't let TalkTalk mess you about.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Dec-16 10:17:34
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk dont let them mess you around

[re: Fengshui1971] [link to this post]

When you say "Cancel Account" just what do you mean?

While moving BB is done by the new provider. Cancelling the billing account will have to be done by TT.

Also refunding what? Remember, many companies bill a month in arrears. So while you may move on the 1st of the month. You still owe them a months worth of charges.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Dec-16 10:37:05
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Or if within the minimum contract term there are other charges due too

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Dec-16 13:29:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Or if within the minimum contract term there are other charges due too

Yep. smile

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
  Print Thread

Jump to