General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mikejp
(member) Wed 15-Feb-17 17:43:23
Print Post

Plusnet knickers in a twist

[link to this post]

I am in the middle of a 'rant' sent to Andy Baker about the way the Plusnet system handled a Youview box failure (hard drive). (They are working hard at a recovery)

On Thurday I spent a magic 43 minutes waithing to speak to PN to report. Eventually the agent and I agreed the box was broke and I had to wait another 20 or so minutes tp speak to 'TV Support'. who concurred and an appointment was made for yesterday with 'an engineer' who would confirm this. Said man arrived, confirmed the fault but sadly had only been given a non-HD box. As of todya, I managed to 'hustle' the system along a little (I think email to Mr B maybe helped) and I have been informed that my 'router' has indeed been dispatched.. I really do hope that is a typing error................

I await delivery notification and will update.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 15:08:39
Print Post

Re: Plusnet knickers in a twist

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

I assume you never got an update?
Standard User ironman12345
(regular) Sat 15-Apr-17 21:54:11
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I agree 23Prince , it would be nice to know if the OP got the new box or not.
Was thinking of moving from BT to PN , but not sure now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Apr-17 14:35:35
Print Post

[re: ironman12345] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ironman12345:
I agree 23Prince , it would be nice to know if the OP got the new box or not.
Was thinking of moving from BT to PN , but not sure now.

Knowing plusnet he would have done. They wouldn't argue over a piece of Kit, or never used to. Would have been nice to have had an update, but maybe the OP is enjoying his internet so much he's forgotten? smile
(regular) Sun 16-Apr-17 19:56:22
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Yes , BT is ok but as I am out of contract , it costs too much now.
But PN looks ok albeit slower than my current setup.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Apr-17 23:00:09
Print Post

Never pay out of contract prices, my price should be £47.99, I spoke to them the month the contract came to an end, they offered me nothing so I placed an order with TalkTalk. BT then offered me £25.99 including line rental.

Saving of £22 a month.
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Mon 17-Apr-17 09:47:08
Print Post

Not certain why PN would be slower than BT. They use the same infrastructure i.e. Openreach.

I really can't complain too much about PN. Deliver the internet (100% over the last 20 months) and even with my current open ticket (OR calling tomorrow) the experience has been, in the main, a good one with their CS. They have certainly kept me up to date with everything that has been happening to resolve things. One thing I never knew is that if you reply to a SMS that they send out about a fault, they get the reply.

Whether OR will get back my lost 10mb/s tomorrow is another thing! Funny world really, I dropped way down to 50mb/s about a month ago and after tests showing the drop was real (done both by Plusnet and myself) an appointment for OR to call was made. What happens not long after? My speeds start climbing back up. Currently synced at 63.4mb/s. One reason I've been doing more speed tests than normal over the last couple of weeks. Evidence.........

And in case you think I have waited too long, I could have had an appointment the next day. More convenient for me for them to come tomorrow.

Edited by 69bertie (Mon 17-Apr-17 09:50:12)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Apr-17 10:05:05
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

You can still open tickets? aren't you the chosen one.

Dosen't seem an option for the rest of us, well my dad can't anyway - the option is totally removed!

He's removing himself to Talktalk business soon anyway
(regular) Mon 17-Apr-17 21:51:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by 69bertie:
Not certain why PN would be slower than BT. They use the same infrastructure i.e. Openreach.

I pay BT 60.99 per month for Infinity 2 [80/20] it is ok but will I get the same from PN. For a lower price. ?

Edited by ironman12345 (Mon 17-Apr-17 21:53:03)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 17-Apr-17 22:18:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by 69bertie:
Every landline ISP except Virgin Media Cable uses Openreach infrastructure between the premises and the exchange, but speeds vary wildly. There is a lot more to it than you imply.

How about this comparison of user opinions?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to