General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ChesterPot
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 11:23:58
Print Post

Virgin Media Shocking Service

[link to this post]

Hi all. First time poster so be gentle with me.
Recently moved house and have been with Virgin for 4 years previously. When I contacted them a month before I moved, they told me I couldn't have an install for at least 2 months! I cancelled my current contract.
2 weeks before I moved they contacted me with a fresh new offer and a promise of an install within a week. I took them up on it. They turned up on the 2/2/17 and the engineer said that my existing cable was dead and that a new one should have been pulled the day before but wasn't. He then ran a cable from my neighbours box over her porch, to mine so as I could get online. Was told this was a temp fix.
Moved in, and had intermittent drops of internet over the next week and had heard nothing about replacing the temp cable with a new one. Phoned at least 4 times and finally got through to the pre install team who told me they thought this had been finished.
On the 15/2/17 I had a new cable pulled to my box by the pre install team. This was left unconnected and I was told an engineer would advise when this would be connected.
I get home from work on 17/2/17 to see that the cable has been connected with me not at home. On entering my house I see green lights on my 3.0 modem and I have no internet. Bearing it mind it was working, albeit intermittently, up to this point
Rang Virgin Customer Services and they tell me that they were not aware an engineer was visiting me today. They ran tests and said that my modem was not receiving signal. By this point I was getting rather annoyed. They then told me I will have to wait 10 DAYS for an engineer to visit to fix this problem that has been caused by them!! I immediately spoke to a manager and told them I wish to make an official complaint for which I have been given a ref number. As it stands I have now had no internet for 7 days through their inability to do a thorough job. I was even told by the call centre operatives that they agreed this was unnaceptable.
I have sent them an official email complaint that gave them 3 days to acknowledge and they have yet to respond.
Is anyone aware of any other avenues I can take for claiming compensation or for at least getting an engineer out sooner?

Really really angry and frustrated!

Cheers

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Feb-17 16:57:16
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Shocking Service

[re: ChesterPot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ChesterPot:
Is anyone aware of any other avenues I can take for claiming compensation or for at least getting an engineer out sooner?

Really really angry and frustrated!

Cheers

Complaints procedure

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User ChesterPot
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 17:01:03
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Thanks, already complained through that avenue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Feb-17 18:25:48
Print Post

Other option is to hit social media.. That often works a treat to get issues sorted fast. As other people can see whats going on.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User ChesterPot
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 19:15:40
Print Post

Tried that as well on twitter. All they kept saying was sorry and to ring customer services. I actually replied with "don't be sorry, be professional and come fix what you have broken"

I was told that I was on a priority list if there were cancellations. On the off chance I rang them an hour ago and now have a slot for tomorrow morning. They said they couldn't understand why the system was not updating. Oh the irony. Good job I rang or I would have been waiting till late Monday for a visit. Fingers crossed they can fix it!
Standard User ChesterPot
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 19:17:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by JohnR:
Other option is to hit social media.. That often works a treat to get issues sorted fast. As other people can see whats going on.

Thanks for replying as well wink
Standard User fishpan
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-17 21:42:31
Print Post

Try emailing Tom Mockridge (VM CEO) - can't link his email here but Google search brings up loads of hits for this. I made a complaint email and received a phone call next day regarding my issue which customer service managers refused to resolve previously.

Hope this gets things moving!
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 09:39:17
Print Post

[re: fishpan] [link to this post]

http://ceoemail.com/

(link edit)

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Sat 25-Feb-17 09:42:00)

Print Thread

Jump to