General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(learned) Mon 27-Mar-17 11:15:20
Print Post

Re: BT waste of time

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

TBH. Having read all your posts, I'm still at a loss to understand just what your problem is....

I am sure if i worked in a call centre and he had the same attitude when speaking to me as he has shown here i would also have given him the runaround.

Standard User call_centres
(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:36:25
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
TBH. Having read all your posts, I'm still at a loss to understand just what your problem is....

I am sure if i worked in a call centre and he had the same attitude when speaking to me as he has shown here i would also have given him the runaround.

And that would be another point I would charge against call centre staff. You are a law onto yourselves. you believe that you can do what you want, and the caller has to do what you want - or else!!!

Call centre staff should be doing what the caller wants. Its not the other way around.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:43:52
Print Post

[re: call_centres] [link to this post]

How about a more friendly less confrontational approach, where callers treat workers with respect and call centre staff treat callers with respect.

Seriously, if you have been abused by call centre staff which is what you appear to be alleging/implying in your posts then you need to make it clearer or people will see your posts as just another 'angry person' rant and walk on by ignoring you.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:51:27
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JohnR:
In reply to a post by call_centres:
At what point have you heard your isp typing when you are giving the so called security details? I asked BT once that I am not hearing any typing - remember they all use cheap microphones which means they pick up all noise in the room the hapless call centre staff is working in - I asked a lady at bt. She replied she was using a noisless keyboard. In other words she blagged.

It might just surprise you that many call centers use very high quality mic's that do not pick up noise outside a certain area. In order that customer cannot here anything other than what they should be hearing, reps voice.

YES I work in a call center and if my mike drops too low. People start complaining that they can't hear me...
I also know that when I ring the same call center I can't here any typing, despite knowing exactly what that person is doing.
Also note that their display will also show the number that is calling in. So this helps balance security....

I already know that the display shows the number that is calling. So then why the trick question - what is your telephone number? Answer me that call centre staff.

And call centre staff, you did not answer why when you have been given a list, after asking what can you do to help, do you then ignore the list, and ask again what it is I want?

About 'high quality microphones'. If one person is using high quality microphones, surely at least most of them should be using high quality microphones. I say this as I would imagine that companies upgrade the equipment en-masse And guess what I almost invariably can hear what is going on about the call centre staff - so they are not using high quality microphones are they?

There is no security in asking question that other people would know the answers to. Such as address, name, telephone number, post code. I would accept name and password. But to ask all those other questions is just gilding the lilly, or asking questions for the sake of asking question, to continue the charade that its done for security.

I had a conversation with the organisation that is meant to be regulating the DPA. They said that the questions should be unique - that is only I and the company would know the answer. How does asking the name, address, telephone number, postcode etc qualify as unique information that only the customer and company would know? And BTW call centre staff - who is it that regulates the DPA? How many questions should be asked to satisfy the DPA? And what questions should be asked to satisfy the DPA? (I have given you a clue about this).
(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:55:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No I hav not been banned. I posted twice for good measure.

I have to admit, I am surprissed at you lot. You are not like the forum that was on broadbandgenie. There, complaints were accepted. They was not automatically shouted down.

Its easier to fool people, than to convince them they are being fooled - mark twain

This is what I am experiencing here.
(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:57:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
So perhaps you should enter into ADR or take them to small claims court

Thanks, but I think you will find that all organisations setup by the government deliberately have no power or any say.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Mar-17 12:57:49
Print Post

Any call centre that asks for a password is one you SHOULD NOT be doing business with.

Passwords should NEVER be visible to call centre operators or even a providers technical support staff.

Some operators have a specific 'verification code' for verification of your identity but even then you should only be asked for part of the code to ensure that staff cannot then leak a full phrase.

Perhaps you need to take your case formally to the ICO and get a complete revamp underway of how call centres operate when dealing with business and residential customers in the UK

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Mar-17 13:08:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Any call centre that asks for a password is one you SHOULD NOT be doing business with.

Actually Mr S, on the rare occasions i call my bank (Lloyds) they speed up security verification by asking me a few random characters of my internet banking password. As of yet I've not had my bank account emptied so perhaps I shouldn't be too worried smile

Though TalkTalk Business (Warrington call centre) always ask for my full online password when verifying my identity over the phone.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20..(soon to be FluidOne FTTP 330/30)
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 27-Mar-17 13:09:07)

(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 13:26:11
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

Actually Mr S, on the rare occasions i call my bank (Lloyds) they speed up security verification by asking me a few random characters of my internet banking password. As of yet I've not had my bank account emptied so perhaps I shouldn't be too worried smile

Though TalkTalk Business (Warrington call centre) always ask for my full online password when verifying my identity over the phone.

I would be careful with Lloyds. Yes they do blag that the 'security number' means that you do not need to answer any other questions. However the practise is that they will still ask you more questions, which defeats the object of having a security number.

As far as your point is concerned, consider this. I was with Lloyds. My account was compromised. They would not do anything to refund the money - and yes I went through theur security procedure on several occasions. One call I was through to their debit card fraud department. I put this to the hapless call centre staff employee - "the problem is not getting into the account. the problem is getting the information to get into the acount. Once that is got then anyone can get into the account like a hot-knife-through-butter." Now bear in mind that the call centres staff job is to contadict everything you claim. So his reply went like this - eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (how can I contradict this?)eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr(you could almost hear the wheels turning)eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - finally - yes you are right.

So keep as little money in that account as possible - just some friendly advice.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Mar-17 13:33:11
Print Post

The problem is you haven't given any information about what your actual complaint was (ie what the list was - without that list we have only your word that what you were asking for was a reasonable request).

Also, you are being incredibly aggressive and seem to be blaming people here about what happened when no one here, as far as I know, works for the BT call centres. You are challenging people here as to why your list was ignored - we can't answer that as we weren't on the call. If you want people to discuss this with you then stop blaming everyone here for your experience and answer people's questions.

As it stands your posts are just a rant. And as we don't have access to the call recording we have no idea if your rant is reasonable and you won't give more detail to support it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to