General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Mar-17 14:25:31
Print Post

Re: BT waste of time

[re: call_centres] [link to this post]

To answer the pop quiz....

If you have not been notified of a price rise then you cannot enact the walk from contract clause, and there may be reasons for this e.g. some offers are fixed price for a period and thus you are not affected by a price rise.

Similarly even if you are affected, often sites like ourselves have news of the price rise before it has gone out to all the customers, and thus best to wait for the official 30 day notification notice, that is part of the contract rules.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Mar-17 14:27:44
Print Post

So you are leaving, which provider do you recommend that follows all your principles for good call centre practice?

That snippet of information would be worth sharing for all those that have some empathy for your situation and want to follow to a provider that behaves how you outline they should.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 27-Mar-17 14:31:53
Print Post

I suggest you check out this call centre.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Mar-17 14:40:26
Print Post

You make a series of statements that you have not backed up with evidence - what people have asked for is the evidence.

You said you had a list of things you wanted them to deal with and that they ignored it. You were asked what the list was - that would allow us to understand if they were things that were in their gift to sort and therefore if you were reasonable in your requests. For all we know your first item might have been "give me free broadband" - but as we don't know the list we have no idea if it was reasonable.

Most of the posts were just asking for more information. However, you took them as attacks and from my reading and the quotes I posted you then attacked back (seemingly expecting people here to answer why your list was ignored - we don't know).

If you aren't willing to give more info then please say so and we can ignore this post - generally people here are trying to help, if as you say you don't want help then fine we can just let it go as you venting steam and not wanting to discuss. If you want help or a discussion then you need to engage in the discussion and answer the follow up questions that are asked - that is the only way it can progress as we aren't just going to agree with you without further detail.

You also make assumptions about BTs capabilities on voice analysis - MrS was clearly not aware BT have that capability so if you have knowledge that they do then that would be great - but if it is a theory without evidence then we can make our own judgements as to the accuracy of your statement.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Mar-17 14:43:44
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Just rereading your OP.

Am I correct that you were asking a specific question about the BT chat function on the BT chat function? If so then them saying they are there to answer questions about BT services is they mean services they sell to customers like phone and broadband rather than the support structure (ie call centres, chat, etc).

The chat people are there to talk about the end user products - chat is a support channel rather than a product. They told you they aren't there to discuss the chat function itself - but you still contacted them a further 2 times to ask the same question that they told you they weren't there to answer?

Is that correct?
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Mar-17 17:11:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by call_centres:
I already know that the display shows the number that is calling. So then why the trick question - what is your telephone number? Answer me that call centre staff.

It's call SECURITY... Have you not heard of spoofing telephone numbers...

And call centre staff, you did not answer why when you have been given a list. After asking what can you do to help, do you then ignore the list, and ask again what it is I want?

So you gave him a list... Do you think that you will get it all? Do you think that it was possible that he could do this? You were asked a simple question. Yet shot off on one.

About 'high quality microphones'. If one person is using high quality microphones, surely at least most of them should be using high quality microphones. I say this as I would imagine that companies upgrade the equipment en-masse And guess what I almost invariably can hear what is going on about the call centre staff - so they are not using high quality microphones are they?

I don't work for BT. So have no idea of the quality of their kit. But do know that we can request different mic's to suit our style. As well as despite being upgraded. Some people still use the old kit they like.

There is no security in asking question that other people would know the answers to. Such as address, name, telephone number, post code. I would accept name and password. But to ask all those other questions is just gilding the lilly, or asking questions for the sake of asking question, to continue the charade that its done for security.

There are only a limited number of questions that can be set. Even then people complain because they can't remember simple stuff they have set up.
Passwords... The biggest cause of failed security... Praise the lord for voice ID.

I had a conversation with the organisation that is meant to be regulating the DPA. They said that the questions should be unique - that is only I and the company would know the answer. How does asking the name, address, telephone number, postcode etc qualify as unique information that only the customer and company would know? And BTW call centre staff - who is it that regulates the DPA? How many questions should be asked to satisfy the DPA? And what questions should be asked to satisfy the DPA? (I have given you a clue about this).

The question has to be unique to you.... And YES you could search the net or dustbins and find just about every bit of info on people if you wanted.
Hence Voice id coming in.
Number of question, well that is upto each company to decide. Hence why some ask more and others less. A lot depend on the level of damage that could be done by a impostor getting in...
Who regulates DPA.... I thought you had spoken to them....

BTW. I have a name... You are the one calling them selves "Call Centers " confused. Or are you just talking to yourself, as I know with attitude like yours. Many staff would simply switch off.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Mar-17 17:44:59
Print Post

Over this I beg to differ. The password is the only piece of information that both the caller and company know. It really is the only piece of secure information.

And the most anyone should EVER ask is 2 or 3 from said password....
If the staff can see the full password. Then it is as much use as your name as a security question....

Scammers use the whole procedure to well errrr scam. Just to highlight this - I was with TalkTalk. I had a call from someone claiming to be from TalkTalk.
Not the first time that not cooperating withthe caller has saved my bacon.

About the most common scam going... They just change from Microsoft, Talk Talk, BT & another internet related co you can think off....

I am in the practrise now if someone calls to say OK to prove that you are from the company tell me what my password is? If they cant answer, then I tell them to go away.

If you don't want to talk to them, then simply say. "I will call back on a number I know". Simple as that and no staff member would take offence.

Depending on companies. Your password may not be part of the outbound security....

But I know I would never part with any part of a password when called by ANYONE.....

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Mar-17 21:07:11
Print Post

Actually I thought this forum was about unhappiness about an isp
And like others reading this thread I'm still waiting to hear a coherent statement as to your complaint. All I have seen you post to date is a load of irrelevant and incorrect comments rather than explain your problem. We know you don't like Call Centres and have difficulty in explaining your problem however if your conversations are anything like your postings here I would suggest you move on and forget about contacting any call centre as you're not going to find anyone able to help you with your problems.
Standard User fishpan
(learned) Mon 27-Mar-17 22:56:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Mar-17 23:03:43
Print Post

This topic is a waste of time

I expected somewhere in this topic to find a statement of what the issue is. That's 10 minutes I'm not going to get back!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to