General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User call_centres
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:15:39
Print Post

Re: This topic is a waste of time

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
I expected somewhere in this topic to find a statement of what the issue is. That's 10 minutes I'm not going to get back!

Yes you lot have made this topic a complete waste of time.

I imagine that most of those who have commented are actually call centre staff or have been call centre staff. One defensive knee-jerk reaction after another. You are exactly the same here as you are over the phone - arrogant, self-serving, disingenuous, manipulative and narrow minded.
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:21:11
Print Post

Re: BT waste of time

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well tell me what I already know why dont you.

The point of that entry was to highlight and answer that isp's do indeed perform tricks. Hence, because we have held the price for you, you cannot leave. Comprehend??
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:24:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There is no call centre that follows good practise - as you put it. They are all as bad as each other.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:28:23
Print Post

[re: call_centres] [link to this post]

I do comprehend, but you seem to want a system where if ANY product changes price that even those unaffected are allowed to leave penalty free? Correct or not?

So to give an example, TalkTalk sells broadband with pricing that is fixed for the contract term, but they are allowed to increase the pricing for new customers, so long as existing customers are not affected.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:29:09
Print Post

So use a broadband provider that does have a call centre - problem solved is it not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:32:15
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

They admitted that the chat function was a service. And my question after my experience was "whats the point of entering details via the previous page, if when one gets to the actual chat, you have to do it all again?" The only answer they could give was that they was there to answer questions about bt services, which, as they had admitted the chat function is a bt service. So whatever question I asked about the bt chat service was ignored, with could you tell me etc...

Stupid right? To admit that its a bt service then refuse to answer questions about the bt service, while claiming thta they are there to answer questions about bt servce - yes this sentence maybe superfluous.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:41:19
Print Post

OK, asking for info up front and then not using it is pointless and can see why that would cause some cause for angst - but not to the level you are showing. And whilst they agree it is a "service" it is probably not the "service" that they are there to answer questions about - the workings of the chat service itself are likely dealt with by a back end support team rather than the customer facing teams and so they most likely are not in a position to answer that question.

So, what else specifically did they get wrong? Did they fail to answer your other questions about your other BT services (I am assuming Broadband or phone)?
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:42:23
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

There is next to no security.

All you are doing, is finding out whether whomever is calling can give the correct answers. You are not finding out who is giving the correct answers. And yes this point I have made with other organisations such as FOS, when I was making my complaint about Lloyds bank. They agreed.

Thats the stupidity of organisations and their call centre staff. Its kind of like Stockholm Syndrome, or what Joseph Goebels said - if I can repeat a lie enough times, eventually it will be believed". Well mix what Goebels said with Stockholm Syndrome to find the true state of call centre staff.

Besides, security does not lie with call centre staff, it lies with the individual. The trouble is that organisations are hacked - organisations that pool countless security details, that can be got in one go.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:43:18
Print Post

Re: This topic is a waste of time

I imagine that most of those who have commented are actually call centre staff or have been call centre staff. One defensive knee-jerk reaction after another. You are exactly the same here as you are over the phone - arrogant, self-serving, disingenuous, manipulative and narrow minded.

Whilst I don't know for sure I think that is unlikely. At least one person in the thread did post to say they had worked in a call centre but I suspect most of the people posting have never done so (and again at least one has said that is the case). I can also categorically say that I have never worked in a call centre although I did many years ago do second line technical support.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:48:05
Print Post

It is a problem of any of these services. It is generally quite difficult to categorically prove who you are. Even face to face that is not necessarily easy and is an issue that many companies are grappling with. You want to get a level of certainty that is good enough to secure the transaction but not so much that it makes it almost impossible to deal with the company.

The government tried to do it with rural payments to farmers. They used an identity system which used peoples credit histories to prove identity. There were major problems with the system for various reasons and in the end they abandoned it.

Designing a system that works for everyone has so far been beyond pretty much all companies.

And when you add the potential for hacking of the back end then it doesn't matter what level of secrets you share if the hackers compromise the database then they have access to all of them.

Do you have a magic bullet to resolve this? If so then many companies would pay handsomely for it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to