General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User call_centres
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:50:24
Print Post

Re: BT waste of time

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Asking for info up front and not using it is not limited to online chat, its done over the phone as well. I also like over the phone how they ask why you are calling, then for the rest of the call they claim that you have not told them why you are calling, or you tell them what, and they go on to tell you that you have not told them what you want - repeatedly.

I am old enough to miss the days when you could just call, and not be blagged that they are going to help but first you must anser this question, and once that question is asked, repeat the process that they are going to help but you need to answer this question, then repeat the process again etc .... You used to be treated as a human, not as some machine where if they just say the right phrase they will get the right response for them, like hitting the a on a keyboard and seeing a ont eh screen. It was once civilised.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:51:34
Print Post

[re: call_centres] [link to this post]

Thats the stupidity of organisations and their call centre staff.
In other words very much like yourself given your postings here. No, I have never worked in a call centre however I understand how they work and also just a little about security, both areas where you appear to know and have learned little and understand even less.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:56:22
Print Post

There is a solution, close all call centres and if support is needed we pop along to a local help centre and sit across the desk from someone to discuss the problem

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:56:52
Print Post

Do I have a magic bullet? The flippant reply is dont do it, dont try.

I once I did some research over the net concerning how many bank accounts are compromised. Its a lot less than you think. Out of 1000 bank accounts 3 are compromised - you can find it on the web yourself.

The point is its highly unlikly that it is going to be anyone else than the real account holder contacting the call centre. We are all nobodies, no marks, are insignificant. Whats the point?
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 10:58:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We can dream, we can only dream!!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Mar-17 11:08:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
There is a solution, close all call centres and if support is needed we pop along to a local help centre and sit across the desk from someone to discuss the problem

There's always Carol Beer from Little Britain LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQ3TM-p2QI

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20..(soon to be FluidOne FTTP 330/30)
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 11:33:44
Print Post

Re: This topic is a waste of time

In reply to a post by ian72:
I imagine that most of those who have commented are actually call centre staff or have been call centre staff. One defensive knee-jerk reaction after another. You are exactly the same here as you are over the phone - arrogant, self-serving, disingenuous, manipulative and narrow minded.

Whilst I don't know for sure I think that is unlikely. At least one person in the thread did post to say they had worked in a call centre but I suspect most of the people posting have never done so (and again at least one has said that is the case). I can also categorically say that I have never worked in a call centre although I did many years ago do second line technical support.

Maybe it's time to stand up and be counted ? I'll start the ball rolling ....

I'm Zarjaz, I use TBB fora, I do not now, and never have, worked in a call centre.

Be loud, be proud sisters. smile

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 11:37:21
Print Post

Trouble is, that costs money, and the one thing we brits loathe to do is to pay any more for anything.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Mar-17 11:47:21
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

And very difficult to get to one, when you are working all day yourself.

Perhaps the original poster should join https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/ who promise personal service and no call centres

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Mar-17 12:04:23
Print Post

Also, even if there were local centres they are unlikely to be manned by people any more trained than the call centre. Call centre staff can be highly trained technicians - the reason they aren't is because most calls are pretty basic and paying trained technicians to do first line triage is more than customers want to spend.

In small companies the call centre/front line can be manned by well trained staff because you probably only have a few people fixing things. As you scale up that cannot be maintained cost effectively and so you deskill the front line and give them scripts to answer the simple questions - if they can't answer the questions then you pass up the chain until you hit the level that can.

It's much the same as a doctors/hospital. The receptionist does first line information capture and triage. Then it goes to the second line (perhaps a nurse) who deals with issues within their training. If they can't do it then it goes to a doctor. Then maybe a consultant. Then perhaps a surgeon. No different really in IT / service sector - the difference is the job titles...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to