General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 18:38:57
Print Post

How Vivaciti (J and V data) lost in court and won't pay

[link to this post]

Vivaciti (J and V data services ltd) violated every possible rules and regulations in their scheme to ransom money from me by holding my internet as hostage. Long story short, after much dispute, they sued me, I countersued, I won, judge ordered them to pay, and they won't pay.

What I have learned is Vivaciti (J and V data) is run by people who will consistently and wilfully neglected and violated all manners of legislations, regulations, processes, protocols, and completely abandon all common sense and all basic business ethics, the entire setup (e.g. they freely editing their web based T&C) is designed for foul play, I was targeted by these foul play and extortion techniques, my internet was held for ransom while they suspended my internet, trapping me by blocking my migration, prevented me seeking help on forums with threats and lies, freely changing the T&C, abused my data, violated my privacy, denied me from ADR, harassed me for absurd amounts, they have proven to be completely unreasonable, and absolutely corrupt.

Just want to share a story of how this company did all the wrong things and then lost in court, ordered to pay, and now won't pay up.

Vivaciti (J and V data) was my ISP since 2013, but in December 2015 I was moving to a different place hence had to move my broadband with me. I was quoted £8 for the move but was billed many extra items afterwards. I disputed the bill, but then Vivaciti proceeded to: (in no chronological order)

- immediately suspend my internet
- ironically, continue to communicate to me with emails
- "no pay, no internet"
- fabricated a 12 month contract to try to charge me extra (I was on a monthly contract)
- blocked my migration to another ISP (very against OFCOM codes) to trap me
- and on top of that suddenly terminating my service permanently with zero notice (so now I cannot migrate and have to pay extra for line reactivation)
- exposed my personal data on a public forum (data protection don't allow this)
- threatened to sue me because of me sharing some of the emails
- socially engineered a forum thread to close down thereby stopping me from getting help (a typical tactic in ransom)
- stalked me on social media which is very against data protection rules (on data collection) imagine the jump scare when "[name redacted] from J and V data has viewed your profile"
- lied to ADR saying the case was closed to make them dismiss my complain (but eventually I got to ADR the second time)
- sent debt collection after me and harassed me for payment of arbitrary and absurd amounts
- falsifying T&C in stealth by editing their website to match their narratives (luckily I had screenshots)
- and then sued me in small claim purely as scare tactic to divert my second ADR attempt (although the ADR succeeded and I was offered compensation, it was well into the court process, too little too late)

I countersued. I printed out all the emails and screenshots and went to the court hearing.

And then I won. Now Vivaciti (J and V data) owes me £351. But now they won't pay up.

The judge ordered the amount to be paid on or before 25 April 2017, but no payment so far.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-May-17 10:01:50
Print Post

Re: How Vivaciti (J and V data) lost in court and won't pay

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bastien:
Vivaciti proceeded to: (in no chronological order)

Chronological order would make a massive difference to how things went.

So now you are going to "Getting the Bailiffs in" Never know might even make it to TV..

Has you case been raised with Ofcom & the information commissioner ? For you perceived breeches of regulations.
Certainly IC would take a dim view and possibly a large fine.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Sun 07-May-17 11:17:54
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Ofcom - I filled in a web form but nothing came out of it.

ICO - I might have filled in a web form at some point, not sure, I didn't receive any email so cannot confirm if anything went through, nothing came out of it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(regular) Mon 08-May-17 11:25:04
Print Post

Vivaciti (J and V data services ltd) violated every possible

Looks like the old saying "you get what you pay for" fits here and thats coming from a Talk Talk customer of many years.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Mon 08-May-17 11:25:21)

Standard User partial
(experienced) Mon 08-May-17 21:48:02
Print Post

The various vehicles that have run Vivaciti have a habit of going udders up.

One of the providers they used to resell ended up successfully petitioning to bankrupt the director.

The current vehicle is late filing accounts and does not appear to be on any ADR member list. So I would advise Godspeed if you choose to take enforcement action. It is possible another vehicle may be about to be used.

Edited by partial (Mon 08-May-17 21:50:28)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-May-17 23:04:39
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Shame the debt wasn't over £600,00 you could have got DCBL to collect it , they don't like adhering to the rules either

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 08-May-17 23:09:00)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-May-17 19:03:34
Print Post

Did you get your money back?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and TP-Link WD9970 on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Current Sync: 68696/18766
Standard User derekdel
(member) Sat 20-May-17 17:34:13
Print Post

You would think for the sake of £351 paying the awardee possibly could have avoided the bad press! Not that it matters but after that I wouldn't touch Vivaciti with a barge pole..
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Sat 20-May-17 18:10:32
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

Hi
I have several lines and not on my list either
K
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-May-17 21:22:46
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
You would think for the sake of £351 paying the awardee possibly could have avoided the bad press! Not that it matters but after that I wouldn't touch Vivaciti with a barge pole..

Give it a couple of months and this will have dropped off the front pages (google only brings up a couple of posts on review sites by OP.) and life will carry on as normal.

To Infinity
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-May-17 22:01:20
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

It will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I doubt the "regulars" on here will recommend them to anybody now.
Standard User partial
(experienced) Sun 21-May-17 22:39:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I dunno. Vivaciti in their numerous trading statuses have always been well protected over many years on this forum. Correspondents asking questions about them are highly likely to get posting suspensions.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-May-17 09:01:49
Print Post

Got any proof of that? I have never seen any suspensions based no someone posting as long as they don't break the forum rules.
(regular) Mon 22-May-17 13:52:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by partial:
I dunno. Vivaciti in their numerous trading statuses have always been well protected over many years on this forum. Correspondents asking questions about them are highly likely to get posting suspensions.

Why would this forum protect them if they are giving customers a terrible service?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-May-17 15:00:00
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

It didn't.

Any bans were for things like starting fights, wrecking threads, or getting abusive over vivaciti and a couple of other vISPs like them. Partial as a nick means exactly what a dictionary says. With his previous nick, which I forget, he was forever harping on about late accounts, non-obvious ADR membership and suchlike of these small firms.

He continues with his latest nick, but gets less opportunity. The march of the big few is continuing with even large ISPs being swallowed up.

Working from an office above a shop was apparently offensive to him. Plenty of small businesses do that - it's how many start then grow. It doesn't need a swanky office to run a small vISP.

Granted, the recent history of vivaciti has become a little disturbing. I stopped recommending them a while ago. Their latest accounts are a month and a half overdue at Companies House.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 22-May-17 16:18:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Their latest accounts are a month and a half overdue at Companies House.
Got a link? Are they still Vivaciti Ltd? Can find three, all of which are marked as dissolved.

Ignore this post found them as J and V Data Services Ltd.

Edited by wingco1 (Mon 22-May-17 16:44:04)

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-May-17 16:46:56
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

j and v data As in the thread title

To Infinity
(regular) Mon 22-May-17 17:05:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It didn't.

Any bans were for things like starting fights, wrecking threads, or getting abusive over vivaciti and a couple of other vISPs like them. Partial as a nick means exactly what a dictionary says. With his previous nick, which I forget, he was forever harping on about late accounts, non-obvious ADR membership and suchlike of these small firms.

He continues with his latest nick, but gets less opportunity. The march of the big few is continuing with even large ISPs being swallowed up.

Working from an office above a shop was apparently offensive to him. Plenty of small businesses do that - it's how many start then grow. It doesn't need a swanky office to run a small vISP.

Granted, the recent history of vivaciti has become a little disturbing. I stopped recommending them a while ago. Their latest accounts are a month and a half overdue at Companies House.

I have been a member here many years (not under this username - long story) and if i had found out what has been suggested was true i would have been shocked.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-May-17 17:14:41
Print Post

Which suggestion? smile

Mine about Partial, or Partials about the site banning critics of vivaciti et al?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User partial
(experienced) Mon 22-May-17 21:47:45
Print Post

I stopped recommending them a while ago.

Now you come to mention it, you were recommending Vivaciti on the Which ISP forum years after Daisy Wholesale successfully petitioned to bankrupt Karl way back in 2014 weren't you?

Some correspondents were warning about this outfit and it's various trading styles a decade ago.

Edited by partial (Mon 22-May-17 21:51:19)

(regular) Wed 24-May-17 17:03:38
Print Post

Which suggestion? smile

Mine about Partial, or Partials about the site banning critics of vivaciti et al?

This -

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 24-May-17 17:44:21
Print Post

Ah yes smile.

Thanks.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-May-17 17:51:21
Print Post

Re: How Vivaciti (J and V data) lost in court and won't pay *DELETED*

Post deleted by MCM
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Fri 21-Jul-17 10:00:55
Print Post

Did you ever get your money from them?
Standard User partial
(experienced) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:18:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by partial:
Godspeed if you choose to take enforcement action. It is possible another vehicle may be about to be used.

The latest vehicle could be VIVACITI LTD (10826142)
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jul-17 22:09:47
Print Post

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/GlVGg3uL...

An interesting list! Karl seems to be the sole director of the new company.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 27-Jul-17 12:34:13
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

the question is why the new company, is it to escape liabilities of the old company?

he seems to like dissolving his company.

VIVACITI LIMITED
SC526863 - Dissolved on 9 May 2017
30a Coates Gardens, Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom, EH12 5LE
VIVACITI LIMITED
07528120 - Dissolved on 22 July 2014
376 London Road, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex, England, SS7 2DA
VIVACITI (UK) LTD
08262598 - Dissolved on 6 May 2014
8 Cherry Blossom Close, London, United Kingdom, N13 6BQ

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 27-Jul-17 12:37:59)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Jul-17 12:55:46
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I don't believe SC526863 was related to them being a Scottish entity with different directors.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User bernado
(member) Mon 31-Jul-17 19:18:04
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/GlVGg3uL...

An interesting list! Karl seems to be the sole director of the new company.

Is this accepted business practice disolving a company then relaunching it with the same name and director?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to